Cadron Creek this weekend what to wear?

Open Discussion

ConwayKayak
Name: Vann Vaupel

Cadron Creek this weekend what to wear?

Post by ConwayKayak » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:13 pm

I am pretty new to paddling this early in the year. Some friends and I are going to float the Cadron from Hey 65 to Hey 285 assuming it is safe after all the rain that is coming through.

I have a SOT. I plan on wearing some dry pants with gaskets but can't decide if I should wear my dry top or just a rash guard. I get hot easily and I am scared the dry top will be uncomfortable but I would hate to take a swim in water that was colder than I was expecting without it.

Any thoughts?

Lupe
Name: Heather Huckeba

Re: Cadron Creek this weekend what to wear?

Post by Lupe » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:30 pm

My thought is it's not really a decision to pick one or the other. Definitely take both.

If you decide at launch time that it's warm and sunny enough to go with the lighter layer, take the dry top and another dry under layer with you in a dry bag so that you can either add it or change if needed. With temps forecast to be in the 60's, if you take a swim with just the rash guard, it probably won't be fun, but as long as you have a dry change, you should be fine.

If it turns out you're fine all day in the rash guard, it was no big deal to have the spare clothes along in a dry bag, and plus you would have those to offer any others in your group if they end up in trouble. Nice insurance to have even if not needed.
I've heard that into every life a little of it must fall,
but you'll never catch me complaining about too much of that southern rain.
~ Michael Timmins, Cowboy Junkies

Social Media