Beer tipper is gone

Open Discussion

arkansas-santa1
Name: Jerry Roller

Beer tipper is gone

Post by arkansas-santa1 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:20 pm

I paddled 7 bridges on the Frog with some buddies Sunday. The level was around 3.86 on the ACC website. Since this was the 1st time most of the guys had run the part of the Frog, we got out to scout the 1st drop. Well to our disappointment it was gone. One small hole on river left and that was about it. We still had a good time, well MOST of us did, the run was beautiful although not very exciting. Hopefully Beer Tipper will come back after the next flood.
Also yesterday Monday my friend David Smith took me to the Ill. Bayou. This was the 1st time for me. We put in on Snow Creek. Snow was a tight little fast class 2 run. I loved it!! Ill. Bayou was good too. Some pretty good class 2+ drops. Hard to believe I can still fine new rivers and creeks in our area to paddle. Thanks again David, what a hoot. :beer2:

Tim Eubanks

Re: Beer tipper is gone

Post by Tim Eubanks » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:55 pm

"Like" button for Snow Creek on Illinois Bayou! Super fun, great place to learn without much penalty for messing up. Too bad there's so much "flat water" between the bridge and that last drop.

paddledog

Post by paddledog » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:04 pm

It maybe filled in with gravel,
I have seen that on several ledge drops.
Moderate water level may clean it out.
Hope so anyway. One of my favs....
Fighting for peace........
Isn't that like screaming for quiet?

http://www.Paddledog.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ejbarton
Name: Eli Barton

Post by ejbarton » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:41 pm

The beautiful scenery made up for the missing first drop for me! Since it was my first time down that section I didn't notice the difference :grin: .

Eli,

tomOzarkVideo
Name: Tom McFetridge

Post by tomOzarkVideo » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:38 am

Gordon and I had the same experience on Newyears. It was a sad moment. The first time I hit that run was one of the first times in a "hard boat"... It was the biggest rapid I'd ever run. "That HAD to be a class III!" I thought at the time. :jaws: since then, I have always taken joy in scouting it with new boaters. They always look like: :wht: :shifty:
"My favorite rapid was Boogie Water" - kru

Social Media