ACC Winter Board Meeting, 1/29-1/31

Open Discussion

kru1
Name: Kristian

ACC Winter Board Meeting, 1/29-1/31

Post by kru1 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:57 pm

Hello All,

The ACC winter board meeting and weekend activities will be held again this year at Lake Fort Smith State Park.

Once again we have secured the Kingfisher Lodge for Friday afternoon January 29th through Sunday morning January 31.

There are rooms available (18) in the lodge and a total of 26 beds. Some rooms will have multiple beds in them, so the rooms will have to be shared. Beds and rooms are on a first come first serve basis. The cost per person for staying in the lodge is only $20 per adult for the weekend. This includes indoor accommodations in the lodge (you must bring your own linens) and Friday night pizza and breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings. Tent camping is available in the park as well.

The winter board meeting is a chance to catch up with old friends, swap paddling stories, and hopefully find water close by to paddle. The park is close to Frog Bayou and less than an hour from the Mulberry River. It is also about an hour away from the Siloam Springs Kayak Park.

We will be doing final planning for our two paddling schools – School of Whitewater Padding and School of River Paddling – as well as addressing other important club matters including conservation issues, chapter projects, membership drives and other things the ACC has a hand in.

Saturday night will begin with a potluck at 6 p.m., followed by the Board meeting.

Here is the park website (http://www.arkansasstateparks.com/lakefortsmith/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Contact me by email (not the park!) for any questions concerning the lodge etc. My email: brotian@gmail.com

SCHEDULE
Friday, Jan. 29
Arrive any time after 4:30 p.m.
Frozen pizzas will be cooked at 6:00-? p.m.

Saturday, Feb. 21
Breakfast starts around 7 a.m (as soon as I find someone to take charge).
Family-friendly hikes to be scheduled
Paddling if water is available
Mountain biking if there is an interest and leader
Potluck starts at 6 p.m.
Board meeting starts at 7 p.m.

Sunday, Feb. 22
Breakfast starts around 7:30 a.m. with clean-up following, and then leave by 10 a.m.

Cost: $20 per person total (same price whether staying one or both nights) No charge for children under age 18. Rooms are limited, first come, first served. If coming alone, you may get to share a room depending on attendance.

RSVP to my email (no PM's): brotian@gmail.com

Kristian Underwood
Vice President, ACC
I say, and I intend it emphatically, let the river be.
Thomas Hart Benton, on the Buffalo River

kru1

Re: ACC Winter Board Meeting, 1/29-1/31

Post by kru1 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:09 pm

Ok

I have had 11 people RSVP so far. Please e-mail me and let me know if you are attending so I know how much food to buy. Furthermore, if you are interested in an activity (other then paddling) such as biking, hiking, or even touring NWA let me know so I can try to find a trip leader.

There are a few things that I am looking for...

1. Firewood
2. Someone to take charge of the breakfast 1 of the 2 days. Michelle Tracy (and hopefully others jump in to help) will cook eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits with a more healthy fruit and yogurt option available one morning. I need someone to step up the other morning, maybe pancakes?
3. Trip leaders, although nobody has mentioned any interest in a trip yet.

Thanks,
kru

WPC
Name: Diane

Post by WPC » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:25 pm

Do you know if anyone will be paddling Saturday, and if so, where?

Thanks,
Diane

magicmike
Name: Mike

Post by magicmike » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:33 pm

I won't be at the meeting, but its gonna be great levels and weather at the Ford!-M- :thumbup:
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority,it's time to pause and reflect".

kru1

Post by kru1 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:40 pm

It looks like once again we are going to miss out on the whitewater runs. However, the weather should be ideal for outdoor activities. There are plenty of class I rivers to float in the area (Illinois, Big Sugar, Elk, and Indian to name a few), and Lake Fort Smith is really a pretty reservoir to paddle. The kayak park is a great level, we here in the northwest think that gauge for the Illinois is reading low since our last flood. The 3.5' that the gauge is reading right now feels more like 4' at the Ford. 4' is a great level for the park. There is also ample hiking, biking, and climbing in the area.

Rooms are filling up fast, reserve yours as soon as possible.

kru

kru1

Post by kru1 » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:32 pm

Down to four rooms, RSVP asap via my e-mail listed above.

Bought all the food today, however, I did not purchase any fruit (save the frozen blueberries for pancakes) because it just looked horrible. I wouldn't have eaten it, so I didn't buy it. If you want fruit for breakfast please bring your own.

Drinks are limited to coffee, OJ, grape juice, and bottled water. If you require something specific, bring it yourself.

I will lead a hike on Saturday to Fern Gully for anyone interested.

I'm hoping that anyone who can, will bring some firewood for the fireplace. I've got people from the Northwest chapter bringing some but I am sure that we can use a little extra.

Thanks,
kru

Social Media