Friends Of Little Sugar Creek Dec. 7th

Open Discussion

Canoe_Codger
Name: Michael

Friends Of Little Sugar Creek Dec. 7th

Post by Canoe_Codger » Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:15 pm

Thanks to the Friends of Fourche Creek for their support in the effort to FREE LITTLE SUGAR CREEK.

Please plan to attend the Bentonville City Council meeting on Monday, December 7 at 5:45 pm. To accommodate more people, the meeting has been moved to 908 SE 14th Street in the Community Room at the Bentonville Police Department.

Please attend this meeting to show the Bentonville City Council that the MAJORITY prefer stream restoration to dam reconstruction. A community park with a flowing stream offers more recreational opportunities for more people at a much lower cost to taxpayers.

It is time for Bentonville to be a leader in the beneficial removal of dams and not a destroyer of native streams. Come to the Bentonville City Council Meeting and speak out against this wasteful and destructive dam project.

DeBo

Re: Friends Of Little Sugar Creek Dec. 7th

Post by DeBo » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:55 pm

A pretty big crowd was there last night and the city council got a lot information from most of them about why a dam rebuild is a bad idea.
“What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal.” Albert Pine

magicmike
Name: Mike

Post by magicmike » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:39 pm

Thanks for all y'all who are continuing the fight! After the funding was approved, I quit beating my head against the wall. I've learned to pick my battles.-M- :myday"
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority,it's time to pause and reflect".

jdryden78
Name: John

Post by jdryden78 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:06 pm

It will be interesting to hear the outcome of the vote.

Canoe_Codger
Name: Michael

Post by Canoe_Codger » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:07 am

The Council voted 7-1 in favor of awarding the dam design contract to the Texas engineering firm. It is unknown who the other bidders for the half million dollar contract were. If bids were taken. A last minute document surfaced by the city attorney which specified that the dam had to be maintained forever, The legality of the document has not yet been ascertained. The battle is not over by a long shot.

Social Media