Begginer/Youth friendly whitewater within 2hrs of Texakrna?

Open Discussion

wgonfan

Begginer/Youth friendly whitewater within 2hrs of Texakrna?

Post by wgonfan » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:09 am

My 16yrs old son has become interested in Kayaking with me so I've bought him a boat & have been getting him comfortable with it. I'd consider myself an intermediate paddler with some whitewater (II/II+) and him a complete beginner. I'm looking for somewhere fairly local to Texarkana (with-in 2hrs drive but preferably closer to 1hr) to get him some novice level whitewater experience. It would be nice also if I could find something that didn't require two vehicles or shuttles. I'm familiar with Presbyterian falls & we will probably do it a few times soon but I was wondering if you guys knew of anything else that would be suitable (even rain dependent).

AR-Nimrod
Name: Chris Crawford

Re: Begginer/Youth friendly whitewater within 2hrs of Texakr

Post by AR-Nimrod » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:38 am

Caddo River at Glennwood, Ouachita River at Rockport are both within your reach. Caddo is rain dependent. Come to Rendezvous; there will be downriver trips (Ouachita) and lots of paddlers to meet. You can make great connections there.
Chris Crawford

Some people don't know, what they don't know.....

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Post by Deuce » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:21 am

http://forums.arkansascanoeclub.com/vie ... 19&t=28193" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You come too.
Robert Frost

wgonfan

Post by wgonfan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:44 am

I'd like to get in on the Little Mo' float but unfortunately due to school & work we wouldn't be able to make it.

I have always wanted to go to Rendezvous so hopefully we can make it this year. Do you know if there are typically many kids in the 5-10yr old range?

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Post by Deuce » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:14 am

We'd love to see you at Rendezvous! Last year there were a couple youngsters in that age range and several (Little Deuce included) just a tad older. The nice thing about Rendezvous is kids can be free rangers without parents feeling much anxiety because we have the entire facility to ourselves. We work hard to ensure the event is family friendly, so by all means bring em!
You come too.
Robert Frost

Social Media