Free CPR for ACC members

Open Discussion

SteveGabbard
Name: Steve Gabbard

Free CPR for ACC members

Post by SteveGabbard » Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:34 pm

Arkansas Canoe Club members are eligible for a free CPR class. We currently have two classes scheduled. The dates are August 17 and August 24 from 6 to 8 p.m. This is an American Heart Association class which should meet the certification requirements for ACA Instructors (however, you do not need to be an instructor to take advantage of this opportunity). The class covers infant, youth, and adult CPR and AED devices. It will be given at UAMS in Little Rock. If want to sign up please email me at gabbardsteve@sbcglobal.net with your name and phone number. Also please include what date you prefer.

The classes are filled on a first come first serve basis through email only. Please do not post on this thread or pm me to try to sign up.

Don't miss this awesome opportunity for ACC members. You never know when CPR skills will be needed on or off the river.

Thanks,
Steve

rchasei
Name: Chase

Re: Free CPR for ACC members

Post by rchasei » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:52 am

Steve,
Are there any plans to have some of these classes located in the river valley or nwa in the future?

SteveGabbard
Name: Steve Gabbard

Post by SteveGabbard » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:38 pm

I only organize these for the central chapter although any ACC member is welcome to attend. I think the NW Chapter organizes some classes.

magicmike
Name: Mike

Post by magicmike » Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:48 pm

I took one of the last ones Tom did. Very informative and fun. I bet there will be more opportunities for N.W. Membas'-M- :thumbup:
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority,it's time to pause and reflect".

sig
Name: Bryan

Post by sig » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:05 pm

My understanding is any member can take a CPR class and be reimbursed by the state board up to a certain dollar amount.

Mostly we've seen chapters organizing classes for their members and being reimbursed as a chapter.
Bryan Signorelli

Flapjack
River Valley Chapter President

Post by Flapjack » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:56 pm

We are working on one for the RV chapter, dates to be announced later. If interested contact Dennis or Karen. Dennis
Livestrong

Social Media