Thanks to Dianne and Liz and Volunteers

Open Discussion

Crane

Thanks to Dianne and Liz and Volunteers

Post by Crane » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:12 am

Pat and I had a heckuva good weekend at the River School on the Spring River!! We both had great students who appeared to learn a lot and the students had two great instructors in Victor and Pat's class and the ones I taught had Mike Stanley, who also was pretty darned special! The organization was flawless, the company very friendly, and the food Saturday night could not have been better. I want to extend special thanks to Luke, Tim, and Liz for cooking wonderful deserts in Dutch Ovens and letting me cook along with them. I learned a lot:) I am hopeful some of the crowd enjoyed the coconut cream pie I purchased just in case my efforts at DO Desert failed... and, the DO was empty when I fetched it later!! Chris Crawford, as always, managed to get every truck shuttled and every lost soul delivered back to camp... sometimes without help or instruction from the owners!! Thank you, thank you, thank you to all the volunteers!! This is pretty generally my and Pat's favorite weekend of each year, and this one was no exception!
Crane

Tim Eubanks

Re: Thanks to Dianne and Liz and Volunteers

Post by Tim Eubanks » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:51 am

Pressing the "LIKE" button now. :yahoo:

Rustynuts

Post by Rustynuts » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:03 am

To everyone who helped to pull this off, BIG THANKS, lots of fun and learning going on all weekend.

AR-Nimrod
Name: Chris Crawford

Post by AR-Nimrod » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:08 pm

I want to give a BIG THANK YOU to my drivers; Gary Mooney, Gary Rowland, Luke 'Deuce' Coop, Paul 'Pablo' Smith and Bob 'Waco Bob' Wilson.
Chris Crawford

Some people don't know, what they don't know.....

Louiscov
Name: Louis Covington

Post by Louiscov » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:24 pm

River School was AWESOME once again. 'It's an honor to be able to participate each year. We're so fortunate to have activities in life that we love enough to share with others. Seeing the big smiles on students' faces, the commitment and passion of instructors and all who help, hanging out with friends and making new ones, coming home Sunday evening tired but stoked!! My non-paddling wife likes to come each year to be a part of such a positive event, so many special people involved. Diane, Liz, Chris, their team really make this event all that it is. A+ job by everyone.
"There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Wind In the Willows

"I am haunted by waters." A River Runs Through It

louis covington

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Post by Deuce » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:44 pm

Team Dragon had a ball! In case anyone wonders, dragon spacing is very important when approaching a rapid.

"Dragon spacing is critical! One and a half dragons apart at all times!"
---Gracie "Little Deuce" Coop
You come too.
Robert Frost

WPC
Name: Diane

Post by WPC » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:50 pm

It was learning experience for me, but I had a blast!! Very fortunate to have such great volunteers for instruction and support staff. An amazing group dynamic at work. Looking forward to next year.

Diane

Stronger

Post by Stronger » Tue Jun 16, 2015 9:04 pm

Thanks to the instructors; volunteers and the membership, as a whole, for being so welcoming and helpful. The ACC is an inclusive and cohesive group. White Water School; River School and Clay's Rescue Course have had the most positive impact on my paddling skills. It's been a lot of fun, too. It was great seeing you all.

Deborah

Social Media