Rolling at the Ford Thursday 4-2

Open Discussion

RobM
Name: Rob

Rolling at the Ford Thursday 4-2

Post by RobM » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:28 pm

Rolling Thursdays... at the ford is back !! Meeting there at 5:30pm. If you would like to come earlier or later would be fine. We stay till around dark normally. There has been a few asking when we was going to start roll practice at the Ford on Thursday evenings again & since daylight savings time is back, the rolling is back. We will still be rolling in some cold water yet its been raining & the rivers are running. The water isn't warm on those rivers & creeks either. Wetsuit or dry suit will be necessary. This is the time to practice our cold weather rolls. In colder weather we get in a hurry to roll, then there is cold gasp reflex we need to deal with too. The key is to practice, practice, practice. Make your roll a muscle memory. in cold or warm water. Still or moving water . The new SSKP is a great opportunity to practice our still water rolls & combat rolls so lets take advantage of it. This a leaderless group of common adventurers that will be practicing our rolls for the time we really need it. This is not just for people that needs to work on their rolls yet its just as important for the experienced paddler to go roll over & over to critic their roll somewhere that is safer than on a higher class rapid that's on the favorite river or creek. The more advanced boaters will be rolling 50 times per session for muscle memory . Yet I seen boaters there that made 5 rolls & we all was cheering them on. Must say that those people now can roll 50 times easily now. Because they continued to come roll.

If Lorraine could chime in on the bullet proof roll sessions that she recommended would be great. It was something like this... 50 rolls, three times a week for 5 weeks. This really works!! I really appreciate her advise & spreading the word. Thanks Lorraine!!

I will be out of town the following two weeks after this roll practice yet there will be a few still out there on Thursday evenings. I will ask the people that plan on being there to post up so everyone can join in if they would like. I will start posting them every week I can be there after that.
Hope to see you there!!
See ya on the water,
Rob

Miss Ellie

Re: Rolling at the Ford Thursday 4-2

Post by Miss Ellie » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:12 pm

I am sorry... I am not sure where the "Ford" is.

Miss Ellie
:kayak:
Miss Ellie

RobM
Name: Rob

Re: Rolling at the Ford Thursday 4-2

Post by RobM » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:24 pm

Siloam springs kayak park. Sorry, this site is on fishers ford rd in siloam springs Ar. Before it became SSKP everyone just called it "The Ford" . As seen I still do. I was out there today & it was fairly high . If we get any more rain this week we might have to move it. If so I'll post up. Thanks for asking.
See ya on the water,
Rob

Social Media