Esquif is no more

Open Discussion

Canoe_Codger
Name: Michael

Esquif is no more

Post by Canoe_Codger » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:46 pm

Esquif just announced their closing and liquidation of assets.
It is with great sadness that we announce today that Esquif Canoes inc. has stopped operating Monday March 16th, 2014. Various elements forced Esquif to dispose of its assets and end production.

For over 15 years, we worked hard to design and build the best canoes in the world and we want to thank all our customers and friends. Mission accomplished!

Jacques and everyone from Esquif
http://www.esquif.com/en/index/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Wow! They had become the cutting edge of OC1 design and very prominent in competitions!

magicmike
Name: Mike

Re: Esquif is no more

Post by magicmike » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:25 pm

The failed "replacement" for Royalex, combined with all the busted L'edges was too much, I suspect. -M- :thumbdown:
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority,it's time to pause and reflect".

Eric Esche
Name: Eric Esche

Post by Eric Esche » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:51 pm

I'm very sorry to see that Esquif did not survive. They made very good canoes while they lasted, but I do not see closure and failure to bring a promised Royalex replacement to market as part of a "Mission Accomplished" statement. Hope they sold the molds, designs, and Tformex work to someone else as part of their leaving the market.

Eric Esche

Roger

Post by Roger » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:43 am

Esquif is in receivership so nothing is leaving the plant until the lawyers pay the creditors and get their cut. Idle gossip on the rivers is that Liquid Logic may be looking at some of their molds for PE boats if it is feasible.
I am I plus my surroundings and if I do not preserve the latter, I do not preserve myself. Jose Ortega Y Gasset

The earth is like a spaceship that didn't come with an operating manual.
Buckminster Fuller

Social Media