salado creek.

Open Discussion

shawn_rackley81
Name: shawn rackley

salado creek.

Post by shawn_rackley81 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:12 pm

I was wondering if anyone has ran salado creek lately? Gauge says its runable but I don't think its actually a gauge on the creek. So the only real way to check is count rocks at the take out lol. And to folks who have ran it, any advice for a first run?

Roger

Re: salado creek.

Post by Roger » Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:41 am

Stone gauge is no longer there as it was destroyed about a year ago when we had a BIG event in April or May. All that is left is a rubble of stone.

Levels were way low before this last rain. Not sure that it made it up enough to run.

Thinking that if the rubble pile is covered and there is wave/hole/etc. behind then it's probably equivalent to ten stones or so with the old method.
I am I plus my surroundings and if I do not preserve the latter, I do not preserve myself. Jose Ortega Y Gasset

The earth is like a spaceship that didn't come with an operating manual.
Buckminster Fuller

shawn_rackley81
Name: shawn rackley

Re: salado creek.

Post by shawn_rackley81 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:58 pm

Thanks roger, for the info. Its the closest white water run to me. I live in Pocahontas, so its just over 50miles away. Been studying the atlas. Looks like there is a WMA butting up against the south side on the lower part of the run. Anyone know if this WMA is public? Its called Cherokee WMA. I tried to find info on that WMA. Turns out there's more than one named Cherokee WMA. Lol looking for an alternate take out to make a shorter run. Thanks in advance

Social Media