Don't be a dummy...save one.

Open Discussion

Charles1967
Name: Charles

Don't be a dummy...save one.

Post by Charles1967 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:56 am

CPRCourse013015.JPG
Last night I took the CPR/AED course put on by Tom Burroughs and Lorraine. It was not what I expected. IT was a LOT of information, but very simple to understand, with a very reassuring update to my 20 year old training in CPR. CPR has been simplified/improved since I was a youngster. Also, very interesting learning about how to use the "AED" (automated external defibrillator) device I'd NEVER been trained in: I was thrilled to find out those AED devices actually 'talk' to you and tell you exactly what to do - even analyzing heart rate. In my work I know we have those in the building, but I would have NEVER called for one as I hadn't been trained - but now I have. Monday I'll be asking why we only have 5-6 folks trained out of 250 employees...

The offline discussions on specific application to 'drowning' was the extra bang you don't get from a normal CPR event.

If you are a boater...get in this class. It's fun, fast, and you'll walk away feeling a little bit better knowing those boaters sitting around you...can help you also.

Don't be a dummy, get in this CPR/AED class. I'm teaching my family what I learned until I can get them in one. Swim/boat season is just around the corner for them.

This class was normally $40 I think, but was free to ACC members as we didn't even have to pay thanks to direct reimbursement. Thanks again to the ACC, the board, and Tom & Loraine.
Siloam Springs resident a few miles from the Ford. ccoletexas@gmail.com - Charles

RobM
Name: Rob

Re: Don't be a dummy...save one.

Post by RobM » Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:01 pm

:thumbup:
See ya on the water,
Rob

kayakmamma
Name: Lorraine McPhee

Re: Don't be a dummy...save one.

Post by kayakmamma » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:32 pm

You rock, Charles! It was a fun class and Tom is the very best of instructors. Also, he really tailors the instruction to the group and the emergency situation they may face.
Love it!
Lorraine McPhee

"Catch every eddy, Surf every wave"

Social Media