Level 4 Whitewater Kayak Instructor Course in April

Open Discussion

OzarkTom
ACC Education Chair

Level 4 Whitewater Kayak Instructor Course in April

Post by OzarkTom » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:27 pm

Hi Folks,

We will be offering an Level 4 ACA Whitewater Kayak Instructor Development Workshop(IDW) and Instructor Certification Exams(ICE) April 10-12 (IDW) and April 17-19(ICE) This program will focus on polishing existing skills and learning effective methods for teaching whitewater paddling to others.

The course is being offered through Clear Creek Paddlesports and ACC members are eligible for a 50% tuition reimbursement of the 500.00 fee at completion, if you are willing to assist with the ACC's River and Whitewater schools. On top of this, your individual chapter may offer additional financial assistance, talk to your chapter president.

This will be two full three day weekends and will be held (water depending) at the Cossatot River.

If you are interested, please contact us ASAP for additional information. 479-595-1655 or SwiftwaterRescue@gmail.com
also check us out on facebook- https://www.facebook.com/clearcreekpaddle?ref=hl

Best Regards,

Tom Burroughs
Tom Burroughs
Director,
Ozark Safety and Rescue Educators/
Clear Creek Paddlesports
SwiftwaterRescue@gmail.com

kayakmamma
Name: Lorraine McPhee

Re: Level 4 Whitewater Kayak Instructor Course in April

Post by kayakmamma » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:13 am

Looks like washing Tom's Tahoe worked! I think we'll have awesome water for the Instructor Candidate's Exam this weekend on the Cossatot. Yehaw!
Lorraine McPhee

"Catch every eddy, Surf every wave"

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Post by Deuce » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:14 am

Tell Tom I'll be there to give everyone some rescue practice. :poke2:
You come too.
Robert Frost

we66erno1
Name: doug webber

Post by we66erno1 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:21 pm

What a blast doing this course. if your ever interested in taking any kind of ACA Instructor Candidate Workshop or exam. I highly recommend Tom Burroughs to be the guy you take it from. He's really good at this stuff. He'll also teach you a thing or two.

The two weekends in a row at the Cossatot was also great!
Attachments
image.jpg
Henry Ford said "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have asked for faster horses."

RobM
Name: Rob

Post by RobM » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:40 am

we66erno1 wrote: He'll also teach you a thing or two.
I learned a lot more than a thing or two!! :grin: . Tom puts on a excellent instructors program with a awesome co instructor Lorraine! Tom puts on one of BEST instructors courses out there,(from all over, not just Arkansas) !! If anyone wants to take one of these courses I'd say go with Tom Burroughs ! Its a blast yet hard work & there is a lot of info to take in over the 6 days so come in ready to learn !!

Thanks Tom, Lorraine, Byron & all the other candidates (now instructors ), everyone made this course a great learning experience & a whole lot of fun!! :thumbup:
See ya on the water,
Rob

Social Media