RACE THE FALLS 2015-****Sunday at 12pm*******

Open Discussion
we66erno1
Name: doug webber

RACE THE FALLS 2015-****Sunday at 12pm*******

Post by we66erno1 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:51 am

More info next week. But this is happening in January if we have the water levels. And if we don't have any water in January, then it will be moved to February.

Prizes still being gathered. But the Grand Prize for the fastest time will be a brand spanking new boat.

Better start training!!!!!

If you want to go ahead and volunteer for either safety, registration, or with shuttle. Drop an email to me at racethefalls@gmail.com. Just include a note with what you want to help with. If you volunteer, you can still race.
Attachments
RACE THE FALLS promo.JPG
Last edited by we66erno1 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Henry Ford said "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have asked for faster horses."

we66erno1

Re: RACE THE FALLS 2015

Post by we66erno1 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:25 am

First of all big thanks to Tom Burroughs for being the Safety Director and to Clay Cahoon for being the Safety Co-Director. Without their help in putting together the safety plan, this event could not have gotten insurance from the ACA.
Would also like to thank Steve Sheperd for volunteering to help with the timing of the race.

Early registration will open up next week, once the website is up and running. Anyone that preregisters will get a free t-shirt.

Race info: Racers will start at the gravel beach on river left at the top of the falls. Racers will then have to get to Dead Dog beach as fast they can, with no restrictions on how to get there. Fastest time wins.

Fastest time through the Falls wins their choice of a whitewater kayak (color and size also) from the following manufactures: Liquid Logic, Dagger Kayaks, Jackson Kayak, Wavesport. If a open boat some how beats all the kayakers for the fastest overall time, they will get their choice of a boat from BlackFly or Mohawk. :yahoo:

Here are the boats from each manufacture that will be available:

Liquid Logic: Flying Squirrel, Remix, Stinger, or Stomper.
Dagger Kayaks: Green Boat, Nomad, or Mamba
Jackson Kayaks: Karma Unlimited, Karma, or Zen
WaveSport: Recon

There will be classes for long kayak, short kayak, and open-boat(C1's fall under open-boat). Any kayak over 9'3" will be considered a long boat. There will be a prize for the fastest woman and the fastest veteran(over 55). There will also be an award for the fastest combined time for racing in a long k1, short k1, and open-boat.

To volunteer for the race please shoot an email to racethefalls@gmail.com with "volunteer" in the subject line.

To help with safety if your planning on not racing please shoot an email to racethefalls@gmail.com with "safety" in the subject line.

To help with timing for the race please shoot an email to racethefalls@gmail.com with "timing" in the subject line.
Henry Ford said "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have asked for faster horses."

Ouachitoff
Name: Chris H

Post by Ouachitoff » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:45 am

To help with the after-party, please shoot an email to racethefalls@gmail.com with "WOOOO PARRTTYY!!!" in the subject line. :beer2:
A smooth sea never made a skillful sailor.
- English proverb

we66erno1

Post by we66erno1 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:23 pm

So let's get this out of the way. Since some have been asking.

The registration for the race is going to cost $30 for active American Canoe Association members and $35 for non-ACA members. Registration fee will be collected on the day of the race.

Please make checks and money orders out to the "Northwest Chapter Arkansas Canoe Club".

Anyone that pre-registers on the website will get a T-shirt. By registering online, you'll be helping us keep the paperwork manageable and allowing us to pre-buy participant insurance from the ACA for a discount. This will help more of the money raised to go the Kennedy Family.

If you don't pre-register, you will still be able to register on race day for the same prices above. You won't get a free tshirt, but you will be welcome to buy one on race weekend. $8 for racers, $18 for non-racers. All proceeds of T-Shirt sales go to the Kennedy family.

Website goes live next weekend. #racethefalls2015

Tim Eubanks

Post by Tim Eubanks » Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:24 pm

Unless I missed it, is there no "raft" divison? R2, R3, ? Just wondering.

we66erno1

Post by we66erno1 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:24 pm

Sorry. There won't be a class for rafts this year. Maybe next year...

hilbili
Name: jeff benefield

Post by hilbili » Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:56 pm

I have some heaters I could bring. I only have 1 battery and a 300 watt inverter for the 50,000. If anyone has batterrys and a 750 or 1000 watt, We could also run the 250,000
tell'em Goober says "hey"!

magicmike
Name: Mike

Post by magicmike » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:30 pm

What time is the racing supposed to start?
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority,it's time to pause and reflect".

magicmike

Post by magicmike » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:44 pm

If this thing is really happening this weekend, for those of us not on Facebook, some real details would be greatly appreciated. Thanks-M-
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority,it's time to pause and reflect".

we66erno1

Post by we66erno1 » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:13 am

If you'll check out the registration form in the below link, it will tell you everything you want to know.

http://forums.arkansascanoeclub.com/vie ... =1&t=27013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, Arkansas Outside has a write up on their website. Check it out here:
http://www.arkansasoutside.com/event/ra ... ce_id=7464" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hopefully your gonna race this weekend!!!

magicmike

Post by magicmike » Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:51 pm

Thanks for the Arkansas Outside link. I'm not racing for sure. If I'm able to make it down, it will be Saturday just to watch and heckle. - M- :grin:

we66erno1

Post by we66erno1 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:06 am

Possiblity of HIGH WATER

There is a chance the water will be to high on Saturday to hold the race. If that happens, the race will happen at 12:00pm on Sunday.
Registration will still happen from 8am-10am at the visitor center, but you'll also be able to register by finding one of the race officials; Tom Burroughs, Clay Cahoon, Joe Goodwin, Garth Owens, Harlan Hughes, Graham Osborn, or Doug Webber.

The mandatory safety will be on Sunday at 10:30am at the visitor center. All racers will still take out at the visitor center. The awards ceremony will still happen at the visitor center's basement also.

Hope to see you on Saturday! And probably Sunday.

wally

Post by wally » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:40 pm

When are you going to decide on the day. Will you post here.
Wally
White Tundra with a Green Mohawk on top.

sig
Name: Bryan

Post by sig » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:10 pm

I asked Race Director Doug that question earlier today and he said...
Depends on the rain. I'll have Internet access later today. But till then it's up in the air. Weather can be a bi**h to cooperate.
Bryan Signorelli

wally

Post by wally » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:45 pm

Bryan, thanks for the reply. i notice the gage is on the rise. what is a good level for the event to take place. my interest is as a spectator, not a competitor.
Wally
White Tundra with a Green Mohawk on top.

Social Media