Lyme Disease Vaccine

Open Discussion

Paddlegal
Name: paddlegal

Lyme Disease Vaccine

Post by Paddlegal » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:33 pm

From the NIH

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4237411/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pass this news along!
I've felt the touch of healing hands, neath the willow trees and birch, cause the water's my religion, and the river is my church. Kenny

magicmike
Name: Mike

Re: Lyme Disease Vaccine

Post by magicmike » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:38 pm

Wow, that's long. What does it say in a nut shell? -M-
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority,it's time to pause and reflect".

Paddlegal

Post by Paddlegal » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:11 pm

The CDC has developed a vaccine for North American and European tick transmitted Lyme Disease.
I've felt the touch of healing hands, neath the willow trees and birch, cause the water's my religion, and the river is my church. Kenny

okieboater
Name: David L. Reid

Post by okieboater » Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:57 pm

any idea when we can get the shots locally at the Doctors office ?
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

We are not sure when childhood ends and adulthood begins.

We are sure that when retirement begins, childhood restarts

Paddlegal

Post by Paddlegal » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:20 pm

Talk to your doctor!

Mike_P
Name: Mike Potts

Post by Mike_P » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:25 pm

This study is still bench research. Last line of the article says "In summary, our pre-clinical data provides evidence that our rationally designed OspA-based vaccine has the potential for broad protection against Lyme borreliosis.". Stay tuned...

JasonK
Name: Jason Kindall

Post by JasonK » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:35 am

There was a Lyme's vaccine developed in the mid to late '90s as well. I was a federal employee at the time working in the outdoors and had the opportunity to receive it on the government dime. I'm a cancer survivor (lymphoma) and my oncologist advised me to get it because Lyme's and rickettsial viruses can complicate lymphoma and the lymph system. It was a 3-vaccine series taking a year.

Two short months after the 3rd and final vaccination a recommendation came out against the vaccinations and it was pulled, or at least that was my understanding.

One thing to remember is that it's like rabies vaccines (which I also have)... Once vaccinated you'll almost always test low but positive because you'll carry the titers for the disease.

Not that I think it's a bad idea. It's all about managing risk.
Cheers,

Jason

Sky Heye
Name: Steve Heye

Post by Sky Heye » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:59 am

Doctor Torin Gray is the Lymes expert for the state. He treated his wife and took on treating others at the Barg Gray Clinic. He is moving to his own place later this year. Call the clinic in Little Rock for now.
The doctor and I came to the conclusion that the illness that struck me in 2008 and had me on a feeding tube 3 times over 5 years was caused by Lymes. He has me in remission or cured so he knows his stuff.

Social Media