Boatball, Wed, 6 pm, Chamber Springs Access of Illinois

Open Discussion

wiredforsound
Name: Jeff Neisler

Boatball, Wed, 6 pm, Chamber Springs Access of Illinois

Post by wiredforsound » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:33 am

Boatball, this Wednesday, August 13, starting at 6:00 PM at Chambers Springs Road access of Illinois River.

Please post up if you plan on joining us so those of us that drive a good distance can save on gas if we're not going to have enough for a game. I will make every attempt possible to post up here by 4:30 pm, Wednesday, on whether we have enough to play so be sure you check back here before making the drive.

Directions: Take Hwy 412 headed west from Springdale towards Siloam Springs. After the second bridge that crosses the Illinois you will get in the next left turn lane which will be Chamber Springs Road. There is a metal building with a big sign "Riverside Fireworks" where you turn. Head south on dirt road approximately 200 yards and you will arrive at parking lot for access. Put in your boat there & paddle up river of the bridge (which will be to your left facing river) & you will find us in the next pool up river from the bridge. If you need something to plug into your GPS here is address for Riverside Fireworks, where you turn onto the dirt: 17023 Chamber Springs Rd, Siloam Springs AR 72761. Also, Google map: http://goo.gl/maps/yuia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't hesitate to text or call me if you have any questions, 4seven9.three8one.5nine9five.

Come on out & play. :yahoo:

Jeff
Jeff Neisler (aka wiredforsound, formerly known as Godzilla)
4seven9.three8one.5nine9five

wiredforsound

Re: Boatball, Wed, 6 pm, Chamber Springs Access of Illinois

Post by wiredforsound » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:48 am

Just a heads up for those that aren't aware. Boatball is back!!! this year under the lights, Friday night, September 12, at Rendezvous. Check out link below for what's on tap this year at Rendezvous, you won't want to miss out on this fun weekend of paddling.

http://arkansascanoeclub.com/page-490146" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, a new event, Canoe Jousting, will be part of the Boatball halftime entertainment. Should be a hoot.

http://forums.arkansascanoeclub.com/vie ... =1&t=26180" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://canoejousting.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Would love to see the NW Chapter represent & take home the gold (as we always do) in boatball as well as in Canoe Jousting.

So time to start getting your game face on for Rendezvous weekend, September 12-13, so come on out and play!

Tenacious D

Post by Tenacious D » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:24 pm

Im in for boatball :box: and usually in for anything else :sinister: Will we have 2 OC-2's out there or do I need to bring one...for the fun...I will assume you have the lance part of it figured out

Graham Osborn
Name: Graham Osborn

Post by Graham Osborn » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:33 pm

I'm in
Shomer Shabbos!!!!

wiredforsound

Post by wiredforsound » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:04 pm

Tenacious D wrote:Im in for boatball :box: and usually in for anything else :sinister: Will we have 2 OC-2's out there or do I need to bring one...for the fun...I will assume you have the lance part of it figured out
Donny - We will not be Jousting at Boatball tomorrow evening. Canoe Jousting is event planned for Rendezvous, Friday night, September 12. See links in previous post for more details. It is my understanding that lances will be provided. There will probably be a canoe, as well, or you might want to arrange for one if you can find a teammate.

Details for the Canoe Jousting event can be found on links below:

http://forums.arkansascanoeclub.com/vie ... =1&t=26180" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://forums.arkansascanoeclub.com/vie ... =1&t=26426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tenacious D

Post by Tenacious D » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:53 pm

Dang it i need to learn to read...I just saw joust and boatball in the same sentence and got excited...we should practice a little though so we can put the smack down all proper like :hammer:
Last edited by Tenacious D on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charles1967
Name: Charles

Post by Charles1967 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:13 pm

My 'slow boat' [or slow paddler I should say] will be there. :)
Siloam Springs resident a few miles from the Ford. ccoletexas@gmail.com - Charles

RobM
Name: Rob

Post by RobM » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:46 am

I'm in
See ya on the water,
Rob

monica winter

Post by monica winter » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:39 am

I'm up for boat ball. Monica

wiredforsound

Post by wiredforsound » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:33 pm

Also, got word from Adam & Toni that they will be playing. So minimum of 8 players confirmed. Should be a great evening for boatball. See everyone 6 ish.

Game on. :hammer2: :hammer2:

Social Media