Benefit for the Kennedy family Aug 16th

Open Discussion
Benji
Name: Ben Maguire

Benefit for the Kennedy family Aug 16th

Post by Benji » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:05 pm

We will be hosting a benefit for Jon's family Saturday the 16th at Hutch's, 45 Colt Square, Fayetteville Ar. We have been very fortunate so far in the people and business's we have contacted in getting donations, everyone has been amazing and very helpful. We have got over 100ibs of chicken and pork donated,sauces,sides, and prizes. It will be $10 a plate and that will get you pulled pork,smoked chicken,tater salad,slaw, baked beans, and soda or water. Any adult beverages will have to be purchased at the bar. Ben Storment(the owner) will also offer free pool to anyone who would like to play. So far for prizes we have got a slick NRS life jacket donated by Lewis and Clark,a piece of jewelry of some kind from Mcbee's Jewelry and fine gifts, and waiting on the donations person from Pack Rat to give the green light. We will continue to contact other places for items, ideally we would like to have a minimum of 5 items. We haven't decided the format for prizes yet but it will either be a silent auction or a raffle. You would receive one raffle ticket with the purchase of your food and additional tickets could be bought for a dollar. We are hoping to raise at least a grand for the family and to accomplish this we need as many of you river folk as possible. We should easily be able to feed a 100 people with all the food being donated. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas please feel free to share, this is our first time to host such an event so we are fairly flexible. A big thanks to Packrat,Lewis and Clark,Mcbee's Jewelry,Fatty Stocklin,First National Bank of NWA for lending the smoker, and Ken Posey. Hope to see you there!

magicmike
Name: Mike

Re: Benefit for the Kennedy family Aug 16th

Post by magicmike » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:37 pm

Sounds great! What time? -M-
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority,it's time to pause and reflect".

Benji

Post by Benji » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:12 pm

We'll be ready to serve food at 11.

kru1
Name: Kristian

Post by kru1 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:36 pm

Sounds awesome. I can get some grub, and then head out to the ford.

kru
I say, and I intend it emphatically, let the river be.
Thomas Hart Benton, on the Buffalo River

ARzach

Post by ARzach » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:20 am

Great idea, Ben!

Anne and I will plan to be there. You may want to consider creating an event on FB and sharing it that way. I know a lot of folks would see it that way.

Much love! :beer2:

--Z
Smile, summer run-off is coming!!!

Orville

Post by Orville » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:48 pm

I got in touch with a contact of mine at Yeti Coolers, (I work at Southtown Sporting Goods), and Yeti will be donating a Tundra 45 Cooler for the event. The cooler has a retail value of $349.99. Yeti is a great company to work with and expressed their condolences to the family.

Orville Wright

magicmike
Name: Mike

Post by magicmike » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:56 pm

You Rock Orville! -M- :clap:
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority,it's time to pause and reflect".

Benji

Post by Benji » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:09 pm

That's terrific news Orville! South Town was on the list of places to contact so this is great news. Pack Rat contacted us and they donated several items that I will list tomorrow. Lots of VERY nice gear up for raffle people, I highly suggest attending!

RobM
Name: Rob

Post by RobM » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:13 pm

Awesome Orville!! :thumbup: See you there.
See ya on the water,
Rob

Benji

Post by Benji » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:47 pm

Here is the list of items donated by Pack Rat-Immersion Research reusable shopping bag,Keen socks,Kuhl cap,Pack Rat logo koozie,Pack Rat logo 12' straps,Pack Rat logo Platypus 1 liter,Pack Rat logo steel pint,Petzel Tikkina headlamp,North Face phone wrap, and a North Face survival kit. That gives us 13 items so far! So we had decided that the format for the items would be a raffle however it was suggested to me that given the value of the Yeti cooler and possibly the piece of jewelry from Mcbee's be set aside from the rest for a silent auction. Does this seem fair to everyone?

Benji

Post by Benji » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:31 pm

We just got donated 25 gift cards for a free Whopper from Burger King and a gift card to Seductions in Fayetteville. Thank you so much everyone for your kindness and effort, we should be able to raise a good chunk of change for JFKs family, looking forward to seeing you all there.

Benji

Post by Benji » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:34 pm

Bj Heilman of OMTC has said they will donate some items as well. We should have enough items in the raffle now that several people will be able to take something home. Awesome awesome awesome!

Orville

Post by Orville » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:51 pm

Southtown Sporting Goods in Fayetteville is donating an Extrasport U2R Rescue Lifejacket. This is a Type V, Hi-Float, Swiftwater Rescue System. It is red and black with reflective tape on front and back. A really nice jaket for anyone who has taken swiftwater training. The jacket has a retail value of $190.00. Thank you.

Southtown Sporting Goods

Orville

Post by Orville » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:58 pm

I will be donating a CampChef 2 burner Explorer 60 stove. It has two 30,000btu burners with windscreen and legs. Really nice stove for camping. The stove has a retail value of $100.00.
I encourage all of you to contact the stores you do business with to also donate. We will also take items from anyone in the club that would like to help.

Thanks to all

Orville Wright

Benji

Post by Benji » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:01 pm

Jose's of Springdale is donating a $50 gift card and Uncle Sams is donating a dry bag and dry box. Wowsers! What a bunch of awesome stuff the community has donated.

Social Media