RENDEZVOUS SILENT AUCTION

Open Discussion

Jill M

RENDEZVOUS SILENT AUCTION

Post by Jill M » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:01 am

By now you should have received an email (please let me know if you didn't) but I thought it would be good to post something here as well. One of the goals for this year's Rendezvous is to have a really successful silent auction. Several people have been working behind the scenes for a while to help us reach this goal and now it's your turn.

We have the logistics covered. What we really need is stuff, and that's where you come in. I mentioned several items in the email that should be both obtainable and popular, but there's no need to confine yourself to those suggestions. The goods are limited only by your imagination and persuasiveness. And remember, this year begging is easier than ever thanks to the new brochure and form available on the message board so there's no excuse for not at least trying.

So, let's make this the best silent auction yet. After all, clean water and air and the Natural State's pristine beauty benefit us all, but these treasures can't protect themselves. Step up!

For questions and bragging you can reach me via PM or email. I'll get back to you PDQ.

Many Thanks!
Jilly

Jill M

Re: RENDEZVOUS SILENT AUCTION

Post by Jill M » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:40 am

BTW, we've already received a $100 cash commitment and a promise of some goodies from the baddest new kid in town, Steep Creek Rescue. Thanks guys! :yahoo:

Liz Caldwell

Re: RENDEZVOUS SILENT AUCTION

Post by Liz Caldwell » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:09 pm

Canoe sailors, yes you heard me right, for those who remember when you used to sail your canoe on the lake, the Silent Auction will feature a sail and mast in good shape with side boards, a rudder and misc. mounting hardware.

Richard Long, formerly of Little Rock, who used to be in the Canoe Club years ago, has donated the above list. Richard recently moved to Houston to be near his kids, but called me up to donate the sail and other equipment to the club.

Come and make an offer! Thank you, Richard.
Liz

Social Media