Early notice: Surfnturf 2014, Saturday July 26: Porterfields

Open Discussion
Edgar
Name: Edgar

Re: Early notice: Surfnturf 2014, Saturday July 26: Porterfi

Post by Edgar » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:49 am

I plan on being there and there are a few of my friends that said they will be there too. Do you need chips and cokes, or something else?

cmartin
Name: chris

Post by cmartin » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:50 am

Chips and stuff are always welcomed. Drinks are on your own or BYOB( bring your own beverage)! See you Saturday.

Richard

Post by Richard » Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:02 pm

My Taiwanese "grand daughter" Zoe Lin will be there with her boyfriend Patrick. Thank you Luke for taking care of them.
We are all afflicted with Cognitive Dissonance. The greater our religious, social, financial or political affiliation, the greater the affliction. We hear what we want to hear. We believe what we want to believe. Truth becomes irrelevant.

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Post by Deuce » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:20 pm

My pleasure, and she really does think of you as her grandfather. We talked today. I look forward to meeting Patrick.
You come too.
Robert Frost

Tim Eubanks

Post by Tim Eubanks » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:07 pm

Big thanks to Chris, Jim, Miss Ellie, and any other folks who are working to put on a successful SurfnTurf 2014. Chapter provides burger, dogs, buns, condiments, you provide the rest. Bring enough for you and a little more. No water at Porterfields, so be prepared. Sending this from Utah, ya'll have a big time! :yahoo:

Jim Krueger

Post by Jim Krueger » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:09 pm

Thanks Tim!
We hope all is going well out in Utah, and you are all having a good time! BTW, it's nice and rainy and cool here for a July :D
Surf and Turf is this Saturday, and it should be just a great weather and water day, we'll look forward to seeing everyone for a real nice cookout lunch at Porterfield's, then your choice of some impromptu down-river floating, or playboating at The Ledge! Or both :wht:
For myself, I'm planning a downriver trip from the dam, back to The Ledge in the afternoon just after I eat lunch. Several of us will try and leave Porterfield's around 12:30 or so and head upstream. This usually is about three hours or so with breaks and gravel bar swimming a couple of stops along the way. If you'd care to join in, just follow us up to the top, or visit with me or Chris at lunch and we'll try and pair you up with someone that has room for a person or a boat for the trip up, or pair you with someone who needs a ride upstream and would benefit from the extra space in your vehicle. It should be a great float! The water should be released early in the morning, even before we have Porterfield's open, so that is also a possibility for an early float, but I will leave that to those of you wanting to go earlier.
As has been mentioned before, we'll need to lock the Porterfield's gate about 5PM. If you paddle back to the Porterfield's side of the river after the afternoon float, or drive back over there afterward, you will have enough time to make the afternoon float and return to pick up your side dishes, chairs, tables, extra vehicles, etc.
See you all on Saturday!

Best Regards

MissEllie
Name: Ellanorah Wilson

Post by MissEllie » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:04 am

I will be helping with food setup / put up. If you want to bring your own chair (BYOC) & maybe bring one or two extra that would be great... if not no problem.

If you bring a dish that you need the container returned please let me know to set it aside for you after it is empty.

Anyone with any questions give me a call. 501-247-5935

:kayak:

justanovice
Name: Sandy

Post by justanovice » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:28 pm

The Sanders clan is planning on coming as well. I'm bringing lemon blossoms and a variety of chips. Noah has outgrown his wetsuit so I posted that and booties on the" for sale" thread. Wetsuit is in top-notch condition. He simply outgrew it.
Sandy
Sandy S.

LauraWeems
Name: Laura

Post by LauraWeems » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:33 pm

Yes! Scott and I will be there too. We will bring brownies and corn bread. See ya tomorrow!

Shark Attack

Post by Shark Attack » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:38 pm

I guess Lori & I will be the only married couple paddling a tandem canoe on this trip. We will be glad to show what a team that has been paddling together for 30 years can do. :thumbup: I told this to Jeremy this afternoon & he got a skerred look on his face. those that know us know better!
Wes

MissEllie
Name: Ellanorah Wilson

Post by MissEllie » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:46 am

The grill is fired up.... meat getting prepped... come enjoy the day!

:kayak:

LauraWeems
Name: Laura

Post by LauraWeems » Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:07 pm

Thank you to all of the organizers and cooks for a terrific picnic and kayaking day. See you at the rendezvous!

Tim Eubanks

Post by Tim Eubanks » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:50 am

LauraWeems wrote:Thank you to all of the organizers and cooks for a terrific picnic and kayaking day. See you at the rendezvous!
Laura: sorry we missed you and Brad. Glad the folks took good care of you. See you at Rendezvous for sure!

Social Media