A big Thank You

Open Discussion

fryingsquirrel
Name: Jon Ellwood

A big Thank You

Post by fryingsquirrel » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:45 pm

I want to take a moment to offer a heartfelt kudos to the Crawfords and everyone else who made this year's Rec School such a success. I may have been a paddler since I was a kid, but I still learned quite a few new tricks. Big thanks to my instructors, Steve Shepherd, Chris Handley Bryan Signorelli, and Debbie Doss. I really had a great time, despite the wet weather. These classes are a great thing we do for the boating community, and I hope to be able to assist next year.
Thanks again,
Jon Ellwood
Little Rock
"Life is a question asked by nature and answered by death. You are a different kind of question with a different kind of answer." -Helios

sig
Name: Bryan

Re: A big Thank You

Post by sig » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:19 pm

It was great fun watching you learn new skills this weekend and THANK YOU for noticing and plugging the hole in my tire!
Bryan Signorelli

fryingsquirrel
Name: Jon Ellwood

Post by fryingsquirrel » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:47 pm

Oh, I also meant to say thanks to Doug Webber for showing what line to run at Saddler :kayak:
Jon Ellwood
Little Rock
"Life is a question asked by nature and answered by death. You are a different kind of question with a different kind of answer." -Helios

Louiscov
Name: Louis Covington

Post by Louiscov » Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:09 pm

sig wrote:It was great fun watching you learn new skills this weekend and THANK YOU for noticing and plugging the hole in my tire!
And thanks again, Jon, for plugging the hole in my tire also.

Jon, also glad you started a thread about how AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME Rec School was this year. The comraderie, positive energy in all there, good water, good times, it was super: JUST WATERLICIOUS!!!! It was a privilege to be there. Congrats on your paddling development too.
"There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Wind In the Willows

"I am haunted by waters." A River Runs Through It

louis covington

Crane

Post by Crane » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:08 am

Louis said is... AWESOME!! Rec School is my personal favorite event put on by the ACC... (Okay, Rendezvous is pretty special, too... and Swiftwater training is a must,,, but) Rec school truly targets individuals who either are just beginning to learn to paddle, or those who may have been paddling for years, once or twice a year... It is low-pressure, low penalty education at its best. If you have never been to a Rec school, plan to attend next year. If you are an instructor or volunteer who assists at the Whitewater School on the Mulberry, please think about doubling up next year and being part of Rec School! You won't regret it! And, the folks who always have to be turned away would have instructors and assistants to make additional classes... please!
Thanks go to the Crawfords and to Liz Caldwell. They made sure every student was well-cared-for and received quality instruction. And, the meal Saturday evening was great, too! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Crane

AR-Nimrod
Name: Chris Crawford

Post by AR-Nimrod » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:33 am

I would like to thank my Shuttle Crew: Deuce, Doug, Gary, and Larry with some help from Liz, Karla, Jill and Judy. We managed to weather the storm(s), :lightning: :rain: literally. If I do this long enough maybe it won't seem so chaotic and perhaps people will think :confused: I know what I'm doing. Picked up a pointer from the Van Camps, masters of the WW School shuttle. Also, have a few ideas for improvement for next year :think:

Watching the kids class run that first ledge down from RSR on Sunday was fantastic. No swimmers; just all grinners :grin: Same again at Sadler; all grins. I remember when HHH was IN the kids class and now she's a Safety Boater FOR the kids class. :wht:

I am sure Paul and I will be repaid in spades for calling out Deuce on the importance of floatation in front of the whole school. What started out as a minor complaint from a safety boater, who shall remain nameless for MY safety, was overheard and morphed into a conspiracy that led to my eventual succumbing to peer pressure.
Chris Crawford

Some people don't know, what they don't know.....

Social Media