Jackson, Wyoming rafting outfitters?

Open Discussion

Canoe_Codger
Name: Michael

Jackson, Wyoming rafting outfitters?

Post by Canoe_Codger » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:25 pm

I know at least a few of you have been there and used an outfitter on the Snake River. I have an opportunity to do so in mid July. Does anyone have a favorite outfitter? Low prices for a day trip, all gear provided, maybe a meal? There seem to be eight or ten to choose from.

Michael

SteveGabbard
Name: Steve Gabbard

Re: Jackson, Wyoming rafting outfitters?

Post by SteveGabbard » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:47 pm

I'm in the same boat. Hughes is ranked the highest on trip advisor. My son and I are running the 8 mile class 3 section.

Canoe_Codger
Name: Michael

Re: Jackson, Wyoming rafting outfitters?

Post by Canoe_Codger » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:33 am

My daughter is the instigator of this proposed adventure. I started her canoeing at four years old and have taken her daughter starting at four. "Mad River Outfitters" is the one she pointed to when she brought this up.

Her "plan" is to leave the kids and other family members at home (SW Idaho) and make this a father/daughter trip. Half-day duration, no camping.

Neither she nor I have ever rafted, but from what I have seen, using a commercial guide service there on the 8 mile section used most, no experience is required and the whitewater is mild most of the year.

Prices seem to be in the $75 per person range as best I can tell from websites I have visited.

Social Media