5/10 Carver to Woolum or Bakers Ford

Open Discussion

MissEllie
Name: Ellanorah Wilson

5/10 Carver to Woolum or Bakers Ford

Post by MissEllie » Fri May 09, 2014 11:54 am

We are looking at going from Carver to Woolum or on to Bakers Ford tomorrow (Saturday 5/10)

We will leave Conway around 9ish - If you would like to share a shuttle or do our own.

We can carry 3 in the back of our truck or bring the trailer so we can carry 7 total.

Ellie :kayak:
501-247-5935

Half Ton
Name: J Herrick P

Re: 5/10 Carver to Woolum or Bakers Ford

Post by Half Ton » Fri May 09, 2014 9:31 pm

Floated that last weekend for the first time. Gorgeous! I have now floated the entire river from Dixon ford to the white and many tribs in between.

The amount of toilet paper blooms and trash on the gravel bars was completely trash can bacteria filled gravel bar.

Fricken horrendous. Unreal. Unchecked. Out of sight by the vast majority and, quite frankly, pathetic.

Take some trash bags and nose plugs with you.
"The challenge goes on. There are other lands and rivers, other wilderness areas, to save and to share with all. I challenge you to step forward to protect and care for the wild places you love best"

- Neil Compton

WPC
Name: Diane

Post by WPC » Tue May 13, 2014 12:54 pm

Which section(s) did you end up paddling? I have not done the sections between Carver - Baker Ford and am curious how long the it took and what the water level was. Any pictures to share?

Diane

MissEllie
Name: Ellanorah Wilson

Post by MissEllie » Wed May 14, 2014 4:08 pm

Left the camera at home! Not my plan... just happened.

It was great. We do this section often. It took about 5 hours river time. I do not count the unload gearing up time.

It was an easy paddle but the white-throated beer suckers were pretty thick between Tyler Bend & Gilberts. Once we got past the first big pod not a problem.

The river was at 6ft all the way. I do not do this section less than 6ft. I have done it at 7ft and was done in about 4 hours.

The shuttle to Carver is so much more that we have never put in there... would not mind going above Carver and coming down to Woolum or Bakers Ford. Just need someone to shuttle with.

Right now I am fighting the urge to do Rush to Buffalo City but can not take off work... the river would be at a perfect level from what I have been told.

We are going to start exploring other rivers but the shuttle issue is our only hold back.... I know I can get a shuttle on the Buffalo.

I hope for a wet summer!

Ellie :kayak:

Social Media