Winter Board Meeting

Open Discussion

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Winter Board Meeting

Post by Deuce » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:58 am

So glad I was finally able to make one. Had a GREAT time seeing old faces I don't often get to see and new faces I look forward to seeing again. Our commander in chief did an outstanding job putting it together, especially Saturday night's meeting that covered a lot of business in a little time, and she was even thoughtful enough to order up a spring like weekend. :clap: Although Chris and I only paddled through it on the way to the end of a short float I was really impressed with Fisher's Ford and you NWAers are justifiably proud of it.
You come too.
Robert Frost

okieboater
Name: David L. Reid

Re: Winter Board Meeting

Post by okieboater » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:04 am

Mr Deuce covered it well.

Just awesome weather
Facilities at Lake Ft Smith are just as awesome
Liz kept things moving like the professional she is
Much appreciation for the folks who set up the dinner and even more for the cleanup they did as rest of us met.
Food as usual was as tasty as it gets and the home made desserts were outstandingly delicious!
Thanks for the dessert time coffee Mr Mike.
Many thanks to Siloam Springs and the Waltons for that outstanding WW park
This BOD meeting has become a must for me to meet up with and chat with boating buds since I just do not handle freezing winter boating trips any more.
The meeting is not just for board members, all are invited. If a person wants to know how our Club operates, come on to this or any Board Meeting. The events ACC does plus the Education and Conservation effort takes a lot of volunteer work, that work is demonstrated at the BOD meetings as we discuss what needs doing.

We are boating oriented for sure, but the Conservation, Education and Political efforts the ACC is involved with to protect our streams that makes our club a force to be admired.

If you are not a member, please consider joining and helping the Club expand it's efforts even more!
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

We are not sure when childhood ends and adulthood begins.

We are sure that when retirement begins, childhood restarts

Tim Eubanks

Post by Tim Eubanks » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:29 am

Great time for sure. Weather was SO much better than the last two. Good to get outside and not freeze a digit off.
Ditto on Liz's management of the meeting. We covered lots of stuff in an efficient manner.

AR-Nimrod
Name: Chris Crawford

Post by AR-Nimrod » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:24 pm

Deuce wrote:So glad I was finally able to make one. Had a GREAT time seeing old faces I don't often get to see and new faces I look forward to seeing again. Our commander in chief did an outstanding job putting it together, especially Saturday night's meeting that covered a lot of business in a little time, and she was even thoughtful enough to order up a spring like weekend. :clap: Although Chris and I only paddled through it on the way to the end of a short float I was really impressed with Fisher's Ford and you NWAers are justifiably proud of it.
Ditto here. :thumbup: :clap:

Plus Deuce and I paddled a river all by ourselves and nobody swam. :wht: Take that.... all you people who claim we need our own personal safety boater when we paddle together or even in the same general area. :shifty:
Chris Crawford

Some people don't know, what they don't know.....

Liz Caldwell

Post by Liz Caldwell » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:34 pm

Really want to thank all the folks who came to the board weekend and especially all the volunteers who grilled hamburgers (Tim) and cooked breakfast(Felecia) and set up the potluck (Liz U. and Tracy) and cleaned up (Liz U., Tracy, Felecia, TY, Stefan, Marilyn, and many more) and brought firewood (Chris M.), brought coffee (Cyndy) and put away tables (Chris C. and Mike S. and others).

We appreciate you!!
Liz

Social Media