Jamie Coogan hospitalized

Open Discussion
Chester

Re: New Room

Post by Chester » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:19 pm

Due to construction, Jamie was moved today way down the hall to new digs, room 1045.

MikeBeebe

Re: Jamie Coogan hospitalized

Post by MikeBeebe » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:28 pm

Mike, I am so sorry Mike and I have been out of touch and are just now hearing about Jamie. Our thoughts and prayers are with both of you. Mike knows how sometimes it is harder to be the caregiver. May God be with both of you.
Susan bb

JTarver

Post by JTarver » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:13 am

Mike, I too haven't been on the board in awhile..so im just now catching up. Im so sorry to hear of this happening to you guys, and hope Jamie recovers fully and quickly. Ive read through the updates and it sounds like she's progressing..which is always slower than we want...but is a good sign. If you need anything please let us know. Im in little rock working most days if you need to talk or something. We will keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers.
Joe Tarver
And all this life we've glorified
Robbin' from the blind
It's not easy, you see
Don't think i don't know sympathy
My victims in my shadow
Starin' back at me

CAPTAIN ALEVE
Name: Mike Coogan

Post by CAPTAIN ALEVE » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:05 am

Without allowing myself more than a reserved hint of possible hope, I think Jamie exhibited some behavior tonight (Wednesday, March 26) that was different from what I have been seeing so far. When I entered the room, her mouth was only open about a half inch or so and stayed that way for a few minutes. Her jaw has been fully relaxed with her mouth open wide. Her pulse was low and her eyes were closed, so I waited until she became alert on her own before I greeted her and wished her a happy 26th wedding anniversary. Her eyes were facing straight ahead and moved to her left and lined up with me after I spoke; that was the first time I definitely saw a change in her gaze direction that corresponded with me speaking to her. She did the same thing again a little while later. Also, I placed my hand in her right hand and got a much longer squeeze than I normally receive. The usual short squeezes have felt more like an involuntary reaction to touching the inside of her fingers, more so than the long squeeze or two I received tonight.

This morning Jamie will be leaving Baptist Health Extended Care Hospital and going to the Brookside Health and Rehabilitation Center at 800 Brookside Drive, Little Rock, AR 72205. They are located just up the street from Presbyterian Village which is at the corner of Rodney Parham and Brookside Drive. Of course I forgot the room number, but I'll email it later. After much confusion about which facilities and what particular services qualified for insurance coverage, I finally got in touch with the person who will actually be scheduling how long Jamie will get to stay at a facility and have coverage. She pretty well guaranteed me Jamie will have coverage for 28 days and maybe more if she is improving. Brookside was one of only two places I found that would accept a patient with a trachea tube. I actually like the overall appearance of the building and found the staff especially professional in appearance. Jamie's doctor at Baptist will continue to be her doctor at Brookside, a real plus.

Thanks for your cards and support.

Mike
PHOTOS: http://www.flickr.com/photos/17863908@N03/sets/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

More paddling info at http://class2arkansas.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MikeBeebe

Post by MikeBeebe » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:04 pm

Mike, somehow, the heart knows the love you too share, and I am sure, she felt it was your Anniversary and your love.
Stay strong for her and we will all stay strong for you. I know a lot of people have not only friendship for you, but love you too! Somehow, paddling in such a close group creates a family bond .... We are with you in thoughts and prayers.
You know you can call on any of us for whatever you both need. Susan bb

Karla
Name: Karla R.

Post by Karla » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:32 pm

Mike Susan said it well. Same for Gary and I

Karla

Lucky13
Name: Jason Murrill

Post by Lucky13 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:05 am

Mike,

I hope Jamie's recovery is going well, thoughts and prayers are still with you guys.

Jason Murrill

Social Media