ACC Winter Board Meeting Feb. 22, 2014

Open Discussion

Liz Caldwell

ACC Winter Board Meeting Feb. 22, 2014

Post by Liz Caldwell » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:43 pm

ATTENTION:
The ACC Winter Board Meeting is just one week away!

The rooms are full, but you are welcome to camp or simply come to the potluck and meeting. Please email me at lizcaldwell2000@yahoo.com if you will be there. Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Folks,

Make plans to come on out to the ACC winter weekend at Lake Fort Smith State Park!

Once again we have secured the Kingfisher Lodge for Friday afternoon Feb. 21 through Sunday morning Feb. 23.

There are rooms available in the lodge for the same cost as last year, only $25 per adult for the weekend. This includes indoor accommodations in the lodge and breakfast Saturday and Sunday mornings. Tent camping is available in the park as well.

The winter board meeting is a chance to catch up with old friends, swap paddling stories, and hopefully find water close by to paddle. The park is next to Frog Bayou and less than an hour from the Mulberry River in addition to other creeks close by.

We will also be doing final planning for our two paddling schools – School of Whitewater Padding, scheduled for May 2-4, and School of Recreational Paddling, scheduled for June 6-8 – as well as addressing other important club matters including conservation issues, chapter projects, membership drives and other things the ACC has a hand in.

Saturday night will begin with a potluck at 6 p.m., followed by the Board meeting. More information to follow on all of that.

Here is the park website. Contact me by email (not the park!) for any questions concerning the lodge etc.
My email: lizcaldwell2000@yahoo.com

SCHEDULE

Friday, arrive any time after 4 p.m.

Saturday, Breakfast starts around 7 a.m.

Sunday, Breakfast starts around 7:30, with clean-up following, and then leave by 10 a.m.

Cost: $25.00 per person total (same price whether staying one or both nights) No charge for children under age 18. Rooms are limited, first-come, first-served. If coming alone, you may get to share a room depending on attendance.

RSVP to my email (no PM's) : lizcaldwell2000@yahoo.com
Last edited by Liz Caldwell on Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Liz

Tim Eubanks

Re: ACC Winter Board Meeting Feb. 22, 2014

Post by Tim Eubanks » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:28 pm

Formally requesting above freezing temperatures and light winds, please.

sig
Name: Bryan

Post by sig » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:56 pm

Second.
Bryan Signorelli

GN YAKN

Post by GN YAKN » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:38 am

This needs a sticky!

Dave
Dave Robertson

"Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.....
Chief Dan George in The Outlaw Josey Wales 1976 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRX6hSGeZs4

Liz Caldwell

Post by Liz Caldwell » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:34 pm

The ACC Winter Board Meeting is just two weeks away! There are still a couple rooms at the Fort Smith State Park Lodge. Cost is $25 per adult for the weekend, includes some meals.

If you would like to stay at the lodge, please email me at lizcaldwell2000@yahoo.com.
Liz

Social Media