Breaking News re: ARG & Team Stupid

Open Discussion

davidbob

Breaking News re: ARG & Team Stupid

Post by davidbob » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:10 pm

The core of ARG* (Ranger Rick, Cap'n Downstream and I) were on a Middle Fork trip with Ryan Center back in June. Big Ryan took a liking to the DIB, which was rigged out as a sweep boat on that trip.

* Arkansas Raft Guides

The same core of ARG finished a Grand Canyon trip yesterday. The DIB was set up as a rowing rig that I rowed, mostly. We talked about how much Big Ryan enjoyed sweeping the DIB on the MFS, and that has led to a truly breathtaking development.

The Cap'n, Ranger Rick and I have been offered (read: lobbied Big Ryan for) membership in the newly created Senior Sweep Boat Captain Division of Team Stupid. We are honored to accept, and believe we have the kind of maturity and level headed judgment that the name Team Stupid exemplifies.

In a completely unrelated and unconnected matter, Big Ryan has accepted Ranger Rick's offer of probationary membership in the Apprentice Sweep Boat Operator Division of ARG. Congratulations Ryan. Our only hope is that you can live down to the expectations ARG has for you.

We will now gather around the scrotum pole (more about that on the as yet unwritten but upcoming Grand Canyon trip report) and sing the national anthem of ARG: "God Save the DIB."
Debo & The Stay Puft Marshmallow Men - Manager and Groupie Coordinator
RBF - Legal Counsel
ARG - Founding Member and Scribe (currently banned)
Team Stupid - Senior Sweep Boat Captain Division

Moniker
Name: Don

Re: Breaking News re: ARG & Team Stupid

Post by Moniker » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:08 pm

Hmm,sounds like the beginning of the end of"Hey,lets see if we can do this" and the start of"Been there,done that." :grin:
"If it's a dull party,leave it that way."
Flo to Andy Capp

dogpatch
Name: Paul Judy

Post by dogpatch » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:19 am

Corporate mergers are all the rage nowadays.

Fish

Post by Fish » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:45 pm

Well, I certainly wouldn't want to be a member of any organization that would accept the likes of me. Therefore, at this time, I absolutely accept my nomination to the ARG!

Thanks,
Fish (with apologies to Mr. Marx)
:fish:

okieboater
Name: David L. Reid

Post by okieboater » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:20 pm

Fish,

Maybe I misread the original post by davidbob, but I thought the nomination for membership in ARG was for Ryan.

Altho, considering my zero influence on the ARG Membership Committee, I think you would be a credit or discredit to the ARG as a non dues paying member.

dave :confused:
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

We are not sure when childhood ends and adulthood begins.

We are sure that when retirement begins, childhood restarts

Moniker
Name: Don

Post by Moniker » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:18 pm

davidbob wrote:
We will now gather around the scrotum pole (more about that on the as yet unwritten but upcoming Grand Canyon trip report) and sing the national anthem of ARG: "God Save the DIB."
I do'nt think clarification on this topic would be neccesary much less appropriate for a family oreinted politically correct message board such as this.Some things are best left to our sick and twisted imaginations. :sick:
"If it's a dull party,leave it that way."
Flo to Andy Capp

Social Media