gopro 3 or sony action cam

Open Discussion

paris
Name: brad weemes

gopro 3 or sony action cam

Post by paris » Wed May 29, 2013 10:20 am

I have got a gopro that every time I take videos the footage is so jumpy that you need a Dramamine. I'm wondering if anyone has tips on this or if they have tried the sony action cam with built in stabilization.

Hawkayaks
Name: Hahns

Re: gopro 3 or sony action cam

Post by Hawkayaks » Wed May 29, 2013 11:19 am

Recently my original HD Hero was stolen. I replaced it with the Hero 3 white edition and immediately noticed the video taken with it was exactly as you described, so jumpy I needed Dramamine. Compared to my original HD Hero it was really bad. I did a lot of research and it turns out that this is a common issue with the Hero 3's. I could try to explain it to you but this guy does a lot better job.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FE_ZDqYRQNI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I tried everything he said but it didn't work for me. I ended up sending my Hero 3 back to Amazon and re-ordered the original Hero HD. Have taken video with it and it is performing much better than the Hero 3 white, although I still don't think it is as good as my original HD Hero that was stolen. I don't know which camera you have now, but this was my experience.

Also, I contacted Go Pro customer service about the problem but they were less than helpful, pretty disappointing.

Sorry for no link but there are some good comparisons on you tube between the Sony and Go Pro, I do not have any hands on experience with the Sony.

Shuttle Bunny
Name: Rory Vanatta

Post by Shuttle Bunny » Wed May 29, 2013 6:40 pm

Hey Paris,

I'm having the same problem. Let me know if you get yours figured out.

Shuttle Bunny

perspective7
Name: Seth

Post by perspective7 » Thu May 30, 2013 5:34 pm

Don't know about the Sony but I read a lot of reviews before I bought a GoPro and i decided on the HD Hero2 since there seemed to be a lot of issues with the 3rd version. It does everything I need it to do and takes great video besides operator errors :D The few Hero 3's I've been around have crappy battery life, probably because the battery is smaller than the previous cameras? and people complain about the flat lens and water drops.

JPIMPIN101
Name: justin parcell

Post by JPIMPIN101 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:27 am

You guys are crazy! My hero 3 silver takes way better footage than the 1 or 2, takes very stable footage even hucking waterfalls and bumpy slot drops. Using the one touch mode, even had more than enough battery to make the upper Richland run and then some. The footage is only as jumpy as the person taking it. I've had no problems wether it be on helmet, bow, stern, or pole mount.

ARzach

Post by ARzach » Fri May 31, 2013 1:57 pm

JPIMPIN101 wrote:You guys are crazy! My hero 3 silver takes way better footage than the 1 or 2, takes very stable footage even hucking waterfalls and bumpy slot drops. Using the one touch mode, even had more than enough battery to make the upper Richland run and then some. The footage is only as jumpy as the person taking it. I've had no problems wether it be on helmet, bow, stern, or pole mount.
Ditto... I have the Black edition, but haven't had any issues with "shakiness" other than when it's on someone's helmet who doesn't keep their head still...

:beer2:

-Z
Smile, summer run-off is coming!!!

Social Media