Roll Help

Open Discussion

RDLIVIN
Name: Roger Livingston

Roll Help

Post by RDLIVIN » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:59 am

Hey everybody. I am relatively new to Kayaking and Just signed up for the WW class in may. I went to the rendevous and did the roll class and did not drown , lol. but since that time have not been able to pull it off succesfully nor have had a good place to practice. I live in memphis so if anyone is willing and able to help me be a little better prepared for May i would appreciate it. Leave me a message here or hit me with a text at 901 828 0775. Thanks Roger

kayakmamma
Name: Lorraine McPhee

Re: Roll Help

Post by kayakmamma » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:56 pm

Roger, I'll be to Whitewater school earlier on Friday May 3rd, and will work with you if you can be there, and also there is going to be a roll class on Friday as well. I'm certain you're hoping for practice prior to that but if Friday May 3rd helps, please let me know.
Lorraine McPhee

"Catch every eddy, Surf every wave"

Owl

Post by Owl » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:10 pm

What about the Memphis Whitewater club? A quick search of their website looks like they have roll practice. Link below.

http://memphiswhitewater.com/forum/inde ... 0#msg35050" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fzburk
ArkMoTenn Chapter President
Name: Mark

Post by fzburk » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:20 pm

Roger,

The Memphis Whitewater group (http://www.memphiswhitewater.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) does a Wednesday evening roll session.

The classes will be held at the Jewish Community Center located at 6560 Poplar Ave Wednesday nights from 7-9pm. The cost will be $10 per session.

I've not been there as yet, but I hope to make it sometime.

Mark

RDLIVIN wrote:Hey everybody. I am relatively new to Kayaking and Just signed up for the WW class in may. I went to the rendevous and did the roll class and did not drown , lol. but since that time have not been able to pull it off succesfully nor have had a good place to practice. I live in memphis so if anyone is willing and able to help me be a little better prepared for May i would appreciate it. Leave me a message here or hit me with a text at 901 828 0775. Thanks Roger
Mark
SYOTW

Trail Monkey
Name: Eddie

Post by Trail Monkey » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:32 pm

Ditto on the class at the Jewish Community Center. Micheal Howard is one of the best I have run across. PM me and I will get you in touch with him if you like.
Eddie
No more tents baby, I am a SWINGER now.

JGoodwin
Name: Joe Goodwin

Post by JGoodwin » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:48 pm

Roger,

If I remember correctly you had all the moves for the roll. Work with the Memphis group and get ready to enjoy the Mulberry in May. Join us on some of the other rivers. Just keep an eye on the message board.

Joe

Social Media