trips tomorrow?

Open Discussion
Jim Krueger

Re: trips tomorrow?

Post by Jim Krueger » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Thanks Christy, but I'll pass until the warm weather and water of the Spring time. I have had many good trips on the Little Missouri, but it's pressing the envelope for my combined skill level and comfort level in the Winter time. You all have a good time whereever you decide to go. I'm looking forward to a nice day to float the Upper Caddo maybe this Winter or early Spring sometime :D

Best Regards
Jim

fallingwater
Name: joe

Post by fallingwater » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:32 pm

i vote fourche

74broncogirl
Name: Christy Louden

Post by 74broncogirl » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Tarver and I are going to the Fourche to meet up with Bob and Nathan.
"To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, to draw closer, to find each other and to feel. That is the purpose of life." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Half Ton
Name: J Herrick P

Post by Half Ton » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:12 pm

Me and bhk okie are gonna paddle for sure. We're both in Fayetteville and Chester an are either going to run some tot falls laps of the fourche most likely.

Lower lil mo is just a little out of my range for tomorrow.

We saw a post where folks are going to meet up at hwy 7 csmpground on fourche st 10:30. So it's either there or the falls I am thinking.

My number is listed above if anyone else wants to call in am or send text tonight.
"The challenge goes on. There are other lands and rivers, other wilderness areas, to save and to share with all. I challenge you to step forward to protect and care for the wild places you love best"

- Neil Compton

Lupe
Name: Heather Huckeba

Post by Lupe » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:15 pm

It sounds like decisions have been made, but I'll chime in with my personal opinion on the lower Little Missouri run which is that below 4 feet would be a very low run and make for a long day. Based on precip and gauge behavior, I would think the current level would be pretty boney. I reckon it depends on personal tolerance for water level, but that's my 2 cents.

Maybe see some of you on the Fourche on Saturday - another long day in meetings for me tomorrow.
I've heard that into every life a little of it must fall,
but you'll never catch me complaining about too much of that southern rain.
~ Michael Timmins, Cowboy Junkies

Half Ton

Post by Half Ton » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:16 pm

Hahaha. Oops. My number is in a different post. So here it is right here 479 97o 355o.

John
"The challenge goes on. There are other lands and rivers, other wilderness areas, to save and to share with all. I challenge you to step forward to protect and care for the wild places you love best"

- Neil Compton

prophet
Name: Grant Nally

Post by prophet » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:18 pm

john/terry what time you guys headed out tomorrow?

Half Ton

Post by Half Ton » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:26 pm

For us it will have to be 7 or 7:30 at the latest I think. It's been a while since I've been down towards the fourche, but I think it takes about 3 hours from Fayetteville. We can meet up with you at hwy 215 or wherever if you want to car pool or caravan.

We can leave later if we caravan though. We're fairly flexible. The more the merrier!

How's that sound to you grant?

- Neil Compton

hdh
Name: Harlan

Post by hdh » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:40 pm

Ran Blocker Creek ( put in at the church) into Little Mo a few years ago w/ Jerry Martin , it was a great trip. I would guess more water is needed for that .

Have fun
Harlan Dickson Hughes.....If you fly with the buzzards at night, you got to soar with the eagles in the morning!!!!!!

74broncogirl

Post by 74broncogirl » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:52 am

Joe and I are meeting at OOO at 0900 if anyone from the HS area wants to meet us.
"To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, to draw closer, to find each other and to feel. That is the purpose of life." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

rugger
Name: casey

Post by rugger » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:34 pm

I think we are planning on hitting Norrell Spillway early and then we'll see what's running

casey

gannon_w
Name: Gannon

Post by gannon_w » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:26 am

Were heading to Norrell which was being cleared yesterday. There are still a couple of smaller trees that need leared so we are heading out to do that.

74broncogirl

Post by 74broncogirl » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:53 am

Where is Norrel?

Lupe
Name: Heather Huckeba

Post by Lupe » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:03 am

Okay - we're going!

All are welcome to join, but be advised we will very likely be paddling in rain much of the day and could still be on the water when some heavier storms develop. Come prepared for a little adventure!

10:30am meet at USFS campground at Hollis on Hwy 7. See you all there!

John, Torpedo - I'm coming from Little Rock but will be driving my own car...see you all there.

OOPS - posted on wrong thread!
I've heard that into every life a little of it must fall,
but you'll never catch me complaining about too much of that southern rain.
~ Michael Timmins, Cowboy Junkies

Social Media