dave reid

Open Discussion
KimL

Re: dave reid

Post by KimL » Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:19 pm

Welcome back, you wonderful man! Dave, it's so good to see you here. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

canoe

Post by canoe » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:23 pm

Dr Dale and I so appreciate your post . Hope you got all the cards etc. that is a minor thing just want you to know we think about you every day.

canoe

Post by canoe » Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:26 pm

so happy our friend gets to post DR Dale and Pam love you keep on working all will be better soon/

GN YAKN

Post by GN YAKN » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:27 pm

Welcome Home Dave! Good to know you are finally back in Okrahoma!

Dave
Dave Robertson

"Endeavor to persevere." And when we had thought about it long enough, we declared war on the Union.....
Chief Dan George in The Outlaw Josey Wales 1976 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRX6hSGeZs4

fryingsquirrel
Name: Jon Ellwood

Post by fryingsquirrel » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:32 pm

Just goes to show that you can't keep a good man down. I look forward to running into you again on the Buffalo, Dave.
Take it one day at a time and try not to work your rehab people too hard!
See you on the water.
Jon Ellwood
"Life is a question asked by nature and answered by death. You are a different kind of question with a different kind of answer." -Helios

Cowper
Name: Cowper C

Post by Cowper » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:21 am

okieboater wrote:Managed to show the rehab folks in az that even with two broken legs I could use a walker to bqard a plane and get home

Left leg has broken tibia right broken femur with a bar inserted rod and plate
So with the walker I can hop on the left cast for a good distance even with
Pelvic broken in 3 places

13 ribs cracked 4 :fused verbrae
That's our Dave! So good to finally hear from you first hand! You are truly an inspiration to us all.
Trash: Get a little every time you go!

jaxjack
Name: jack danielson

Post by jaxjack » Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:29 pm

dave, with plates and screws and attitude you give new meaning to the word ironman.
welcome back! jack danielson

RandyJ
Name: Randy Jackson

Post by RandyJ » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:53 pm

Had a great visit with Dave in the Tulsa rehab facility yesterday afternoon. Dave looks great and is in a nice facility and getting good care. He gave me a run-down of the incident. About all I can say is - wow - the Big Guy upstairs isn't done with Dave down here yet.

Dave wanted me to let everyone know that prayer works! He said he didn't think he'd still be around without prayer, and was very grateful for all the prayers, comments, and positive thoughts from everyone.

He was starting his rehab regime in earnest today. I'm sure he'll astound his caregivers here.

I've always admired and appreciated Dave for a number of reasons, but I have a whole new level of respect and appreciation for him now. Oh, and he promises he'll be back in a kayak one day soon! I told him I wanted to be there when it happens!
Let there be rain!

jim johnson

Post by jim johnson » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:56 pm

welcome home Dave. I can't wait to see you...

n2outdrs
Name: Judy Fichtl

Post by n2outdrs » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:56 pm

So happy to see you home Dave. We missed you and we know you will be back on the river.

Judy
Judy Fichtl

RandyJ
Name: Randy Jackson

Post by RandyJ » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:04 pm

I talked to Dave's wife, Francine tonight. She said Dave was just doing great..."100% better" than when I saw him on Monday, so that's saying something.

He's in a private room now, and has a phone. They're working him out a couple of times a day, but she says he would really appreciate phone calls, and depending on time of day and such, visits. His phone number is 918/236-4375.

If you want to send a card, the location is:
Dave Reid
c/o The Villages at Southern Hills
5721 South Lewis Ave
Tulsa, OK 74105

I'm pretty sure that will get to him okay.

Keep sending your thoughts, prayers, and positive energy his way. It DOES make a difference!
Randy
Let there be rain!

canoe

Post by canoe » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:56 pm

Thanks Randy for the update . The Barton's

okieboater
Name: David L. Reid

Re: dave reid update

Post by okieboater » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:58 pm

Team ACC and friends

They are taking me off the needle drugs and on to pills, mind is clearing up a bunch

I have a bunch of cards (Pam I have yours and Dr Dales cards ) begining to send back thank you cards.

I see from Randy J's post, a comment on prayer.

I know I had a ton of prayers going out for me and good thoughts as well.I totally believe in what prayers can do. I woke up in the hospital laying flat on my back and the only thing I could move was my eyes and a little hand movement. I mumbled something and saw my wife and daughter looking down on me and thought, wow what are they doing out here? Any way, word got out and folks from all over started including me in their prayers. At that time my chances of living were good but any thing past that was iffy.

Now, I am buzzing around in the wheel chair, doing all sorts of neat things like taking a shower, getting off the bed and into the chair ....... the kind of things we take for granted until we are helpless.

Today I was able to nap for an hour and not wake up from pain. Awesome!!

Working with the rehab folks, I now am confident that soon as the bones heal, I will be walking with a cane. It is just a little move from there to a kayak or canoe.
I wish I could get a hug out to each of you, but cannot ....
that will have to wait till we see each other on a AR creek.

What happened to me was a freek accident, maybe will never occur again.

I got unlucky that day, but every day I am blessed to get to boat with and hang out with so many quality folks that just over whelmed with my good luck. You guys are the best and Francine, Michelle and the rest of my family appreciate the support. See you guys on a river soon. Darn it, may have to get a bigger kayak to handle all that metal in my legs and back!!!

Okieboater
Okieboater AKA Dave Reid

We are not sure when childhood ends and adulthood begins.

We are sure that when retirement begins, childhood restarts

Roger

Post by Roger » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Dave, thanks for being back. Rivers wouldn't be the same without you. Hope to see you soon. :yahoo:
I am I plus my surroundings and if I do not preserve the latter, I do not preserve myself. Jose Ortega Y Gasset

The earth is like a spaceship that didn't come with an operating manual.
Buckminster Fuller

canoe

Post by canoe » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:39 pm

Dr Dale and i are so proud you are doing so much better. I will never forget your kindness on that middle fork trip when I got so sick . I have prayed for you even work up in the middle of the nite thinking if one person needs to survive this It is you .. Hugs on line to you and many kisses. Pam

Social Media