MORE AND MORE RAIN FOR ARKANSAS

Open Discussion
Louiscov
Name: Louis Covington

MORE AND MORE RAIN FOR ARKANSAS

Post by Louiscov » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:34 pm

Well,

The rain projections for Arkansas keep moving UP, with the hurricane tracking more and more westward, bringing larger amounts of rain to central and western portions. Keep your fingers crossed!

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/tropical/qpf/tcqpf.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Wind In the Willows

"I am haunted by waters." A River Runs Through It

louis covington

Jim Krueger

Re: MORE AND MORE RAIN FOR ARKANSAS

Post by Jim Krueger » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:52 pm

Louis,

With this year being so dry, so early, we only made 'ONE' Upper Caddo trip this year, probably back in April sometime.
From floating the Caddo for more than thirty-five years, I have usually made several annual trips there, some years it amounted to more than two dozen from the first of the year until the water petered-out in the early summer.
IF we get enough rain to bring it back up to a good level, I will be looking at anything above Glenwood for the weekend. Please send the good MoJo from La. :D

Best Regards

Jim Moose

Louiscov
Name: Louis Covington

Post by Louiscov » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:57 pm

Definitely using my mojo on y'alls behalf. And if you go Saturday or Monday I might just join ya.
"There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." Wind In the Willows

"I am haunted by waters." A River Runs Through It

louis covington

MaxTexan
Name: dave

Post by MaxTexan » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:41 pm

You all may be junking it... NOAA predictions have the bulk of the rain in the eastern AR as of noon today. But I will keep my fingers crossed for you all.

Jim Krueger

Post by Jim Krueger » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:57 pm

Max,

I'm like you in not ever wanting to crow early, usually, but I've had several Cajun friends over the years, and their good mojo always seems to win out! Otherwise I would never mention the 'R' word...
Best Regards
Jim

P.S. For wishful thinking purposes, 'AccuWeather' forecasts the track to go up the western side of Arkansas, almost along the Okie-Lahoma border presently :D

74broncogirl
Name: Christy Louden

Post by 74broncogirl » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:37 am

I, too, am a little scared to say the "R" word. I'd love to see it and maybe try to catch some local stuff, since most of my buddies are planning on heading East for the weekend. I'm off Saturday and Sunday if there is any of the wet stuff still running.
"To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, to draw closer, to find each other and to feel. That is the purpose of life." -The Secret Life of Walter Mitty

Richard

Post by Richard » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:26 am

:myday" It continues to slide west of predictions. This is as of Tuesday afternoon. My guess is that Wednesday will show it to be a little bit west of this which would put the most rain in the Ouachitas and Ozarks. It is moving very slowly which I think will give us even more rain :clap:
x Isaac.jpg
We are all afflicted with Cognitive Dissonance. The greater our religious, social, financial or political affiliation, the greater the affliction. We hear what we want to hear. We believe what we want to believe. Truth becomes irrelevant.

Richard

Post by Richard » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:04 am

:myday" Well . . . this is the pits! :(
x Isaac rain projection 2012-08-29 7am b.jpg
We are all afflicted with Cognitive Dissonance. The greater our religious, social, financial or political affiliation, the greater the affliction. We hear what we want to hear. We believe what we want to believe. Truth becomes irrelevant.

wiredforsound
Name: Jeff Neisler

Post by wiredforsound » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:39 am

Just keep the faith that the disclaimer at the bottom of the page of the Prediction Site comes true!

"Local point maximum rainfall may be higher than shown" :thumbup:
Jeff Neisler (aka wiredforsound, formerly known as Godzilla)
4seven9.three8one.5nine9five

Butch Crain

Post by Butch Crain » Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:49 am

I'm always uncomfortable with this line of discussion. A lot of people in S. Louisiana will suffer from this storm.

I can almost understand why Midwestern farmers are praying for the rain - but it doesn't seem quite right to be anticipating the recreational benefits.

Not hatin', just sayin'.

Richard

Post by Richard » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:34 am

I agree with you Butch. I have a son in New Orleans. Last year I paddled my canoe in the streets of Metairie. At the same time we desperately need the rain. We are losing a lot of the trees because of this summer's drought. The thing that is frustrating to me as seen by the forecast is that Louisiana is going to get too much, then it slackens off in Arkansas, then picks back up after leaving us. I wish it was the other way around. That's the pits.

flow
Name: Phil

Post by flow » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:37 am

Jim- I hope you'll post if you do go this week end. I would like to join you
Phil Thurman

R_Corter
Name: Randy Corter

Post by R_Corter » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:53 pm

LET IT WAIN, LET IT WAIN, LET IT WAIN! :drool2: :canoe: :yahoo:
The Buffalo Flows

Jim Krueger

Post by Jim Krueger » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:34 pm

Butch and Richard,

If you, or any of my other friends, have family or friends living in high threat areas, my wishes for their safety would be as yours are. It's terrible when people loose their lives and property, and I know it's not funny when you're a friend or family member just waiting and worrying about folks.
My family lived in a home 3/4 mile off the beach at Sunnyside, Fl. for 10 years, and in Puerto Rico for 3 years, both had high hurricane threats.This experience makes me wish all the more that people would not choose to, or have no choice otherwise than to make their permanent homes in such places. Their safety is often at risk, and when they vest so much of their lives in these places, it can often be no less than a tragedy.
I will continue to enjoy these weather related threads as good fun among friends, be it wishing for rain or a good snowstorm. I hope those who know me will always read it that way, and not something to be gained at the expence of someone else's misfortune.
BTW, besides certainly looking forward to the floating potential, I'm also a farmer. We need som rain :D

Worthlessly Yours

Jim

Butch Crain

Post by Butch Crain » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:58 pm

Thanks Jim.

I honestly wasn't trying to impugn anybody's intent - just a thought close to my heart.

As always, I believe that many, if not most, of the nicest, most thoughtful people I know I've met on the water, and many, if not most, of those, populate this message board.

Social Media