New guy on board

Open Discussion

Greybeard
Name: Robert McLane

New guy on board

Post by Greybeard » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:11 am

:wave: Hello everyone.

I figgered there had to be a canoe club in Shreveport. I shudda looked on line sooner. I have a 17 ' pelican. It's a tad heavy, but a sound boat. When my daughter was ten, we had a 17' old town that we used on the buffalo. She is now 29. I recently took up fly fishing. I have two rigs. I am available on short notice as an extra paddler on short trips, even overnighters. I am open to bringing my Pelican along and taking on one or two paddlers, but my current car is rather short for my boat. I have a 70 VW bus that will be better fitted for traveling but I need to put a new engine in it first. I am a retired, former Marine. I look forward to a lot of canoeing this fall when rivers are deeper and weather cooler. I plan to make the meeting at the pickle in August. My email address is stopwaramerica@yahoo.com

Robert

AR-Nimrod
Name: Chris Crawford

Re: New guy on board

Post by AR-Nimrod » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:17 pm

Welcome Greybeard,

You might also check out the Bayou Chapter of the Ozark Society. It is also HQ'ed in S'Port. There is some overlap in membership with the ACC ArkLaTex Chapter. They do a good bit of canoeing and kayaking as well as biking, hiking and camping.
Chris Crawford

Some people don't know, what they don't know.....

shreve84
Name: Sharol

Re: New guy on board

Post by shreve84 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:56 pm

I agree: check out the Bayou Chapter of the Ozark Society (on facebook) We do overlap in membership with the ACC ArkLaTex Chapter. There is meeting info and events online. Everyone is welcome. Hope to meet you soon.

Social Media