White Water phone apps?

Open Discussion

A Savage spanke

White Water phone apps?

Post by A Savage spanke » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:29 pm

I finally moved into the future (which is ironically kind of the past since its an older model) and got an iPhone. I thought this had already been a topic, but I couldn't find it searching the board (so I'm sorry if this is a repeat). Does anyone have any recommendations for must-have apps that are convenient for boating? This could be anything from release schedules, to water levels, rain predicitions or perhaps one that just reminds me to take a right stroke when landing a left-side initiated boof
It could be worse, it could stop raining
call to paddle 479.518.0017

justin.payne

Re: White Water phone apps?

Post by justin.payne » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:01 pm

I'd save the ozarkpages link to your bookmarks on safari for quick reference of water levels, weather channel app for rain, and mountainbuzz for the hell of it. I just bookmark the webpages that give release and waterlevel info. There is an app or 2 out there with the information, but i've found them to be very inaccurate.

Roger

Post by Roger » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:26 pm

Like Justin said. Get on your computer and create a folder in favorites labeled Paddling. Add in all the links that you want or think you might use. Fish's OW page for sure, ACC message board, Walden's Ridge and Alabama WW pages for those eastern trips, AW page, favorite radar link (more than one, Wunderground is good) and any other favs.

When you sync the iPhone on your computer in iTunes, it should import all your favorites into the phone. They will be in the Bookmark menu in the phone. Got everything you use at home in the phone.

Google ww apps and I'm sure you can find some for free/cost. $4.99 will get the following:

http://www.riverguideforkayakers.com/Welcome.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am I plus my surroundings and if I do not preserve the latter, I do not preserve myself. Jose Ortega Y Gasset

The earth is like a spaceship that didn't come with an operating manual.
Buckminster Fuller

Fish

Post by Fish » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:53 pm

If that bum who runs the OWP would make a phone app, that would be great, but he's too lazy to do anything like that. Can't even update his web site from the stupid 1970's design. Lame.

You can get a faster loading version of stuff at http://www.ozarkpages.com/lowband on your cell phone. Some of the low-band radar loads good even when you're standing at the takeout for Lee or the EFLB. Which I am not. Which sucks.

Later,
Fish :fish:

mgood

Post by mgood » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:49 pm

Fish wrote:If that bum who runs the OWP would make a phone app, that would be great, but he's too lazy to do anything like that. Can't even update his web site from the stupid 1970's design. Lame.

You can get a faster loading version of stuff at http://www.ozarkpages.com/lowband on your cell phone. Some of the low-band radar loads good even when you're standing at the takeout for Lee or the EFLB. Which I am not. Which sucks.

Later,
Fish :fish:
That stupid 1970s design works for me! I'd be lost if you changed it. So, please, don't.

Mike_P
Name: Mike Potts

Post by Mike_P » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:10 pm

Even faster to select "add to home screen" rather than bookmark it. Fish's gauge page is by far the best app!

waterhog
Name: Waterhog

Post by waterhog » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:43 am

spanke u can go to the richland usgs guage and sign up for notifications of certain water levels they will text u when it reaches ur desired level works with any creek ur welcome
"I simply go in with a swirl and come out with a whirl."

jermdog

Post by jermdog » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:47 am

Riverflows is an app that accesses every usgs site in America I think. You bitched constantly about it when we were in CO this summer. I believe your words were, "Why don't you bring up eddyflower for me?" followed by tears and throwing yourself on the floor kicking and screaming.
Rokken Like Dokken

Social Media