Thoughts on Richland

Open Discussion

hellbender

Thoughts on Richland

Post by hellbender » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:45 pm

"And during the few moments that we have left,we wanta talk right down to earth,in a language that everybody here can easily understand"

"The Arkansas Canoe Club had no role in any alleged modification of Richland creek and does not condone or support the modification of any streambed by individuals.
,ACC Conservation Chair" How was the ACC not involved?It was placed by a senior ACC member,and at least three or more senior ACC members knew about what was going to take place.And no one stepped up and said this could be ethically wrong,that everyone should have a voice about this. Elitists Attitudes! "Alleged Modifications" You knew and know about it!I love y'all for the conservation work you have done for arkansas but you should have stepped up too.The ACC was very involved with this. I believe this problem stems from a few ACC members taking it upon themselves to show people who have limited skills down Richland.Sorry that you had a hard time there but we all have our days.It's part of ww kayaking,it's always in the back of our minds that we suppress to be confident in running each rapid.
Yes a lot of things have been touched by tha Man,are y'all tha Man?wanta be tha Man that did this?and the cutting of a few trees in the river is just making it navigable.Was Road Block navigable to begin with?
A lot of us would still be angry with this even if we did have water,and its not about money!
If you have had nothing positive or negative about the subject.Just smartask comments.That IS being a Troll.
I would conceder this chipping holds."When you do a trad climb,nobody change the rock to be more accessable to people,just people who train to be ready to confront with the rock"Didier Berthod.
There is a rock at Rockport that has busted the seams on my boat.But I have no intentions of going down there with a sledgehammer and fixing it.
Well thats just about it gang!As Fish has said" I've seen the "doing something" route go pretty badly astray before." Rockport,Deirks,then Cadron,&Many others.It should've stopped after the playparks and not lead to rivers.I'm also sadden by a lot of you who watched this tread,knew it was wrong,and didn't say anything because of being scared you might lose some friends.Grow a backbone people.Just because you belong on the river does not mean you own it and do as you please.This all boils down to Ethics.I've read and reread searching threw Doug Ammons,Whitewater Philosophy about Ethics in kayaking and the only thing I found was the Ethics of partners.So just look inside yourself,your river soul and ask Is this Right?
Last edited by hellbender on Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Recreation OVER Conservation?

JeffT
Name: Jeff

Re: Thoughts on Richland

Post by JeffT » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:08 pm

Couldn't you do this via pm or in person?

hellbender

Post by hellbender » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:26 pm

Thats a great idea! I think all this should go before the ACC Committee.There should be a meeting of the minds.This shouldn't happen again and inform those who know no better. I am not slamming said people,just clarifying.But nobody should be snowed by what has takin place. And out of respect please don't come to me on the river and plead your case.

SteveGabbard
Name: Steve Gabbard

Post by SteveGabbard » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:48 pm

I like snowcones!
Last edited by SteveGabbard on Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Roger

Post by Roger » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:42 pm

Started to send a private message to you, Jody, but since you're calling us out by names.

Point one: I am not and have not been a member of the ACC for almost three years now.

Point two: After reviewing my posts on the thread, I will grant that maybe a couple of the remarks could be taken as "smartask." Sorry if those words offended your sensibilities.

Point three: Definition of an internet troll is basically an individual who posts "inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion." And they usually do it anonymously. I don't think I qualify as a troll.

"And out of respect please don't come to me on the river and plead your case." hellbender

Not sure about the respect aspect of that statement, but don't worry about that happening.

Got a few other things to say but I'll leave it be.
I am I plus my surroundings and if I do not preserve the latter, I do not preserve myself. Jose Ortega Y Gasset

The earth is like a spaceship that didn't come with an operating manual.
Buckminster Fuller

Regud
NW AR Chapter President
Name: Ryan Dugger

Post by Regud » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:05 pm

All parties concerned...

Please read our message board guidelines
http://forums.arkansascanoeclub.com/vie ... =1&t=16741
9) Concerns about businesses, agencies, or individuals who may be damaging the environment will generally be allowed, but posters should exercise caution to stick to the facts. “The smelly discharge is coming from a pipe that appears to be on Company XYZ’s property” would be allowed. “Company XYZ knows they are violating EPA discharge limits and doesn’t care” would not be allowed. “Company XYZ is violating EPA discharge limits” might be allowed, if supported by information such as a published newspaper article, EPA notice of violation, or some similar corroborating evidence.
2) Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually- orientated or any other material that may give even the casual visitor to this board a perception of the Arkansas Canoe Club that is contrary to our goals and purposes.
3) No trolling! Don't make posts that are inflammatory just to get people riled up
4) Ad hominem and personal attacks are not permitted. Criticize the ideas, not the people. An ad hominem attack is a logical fallacy describing the attempt to discredit an argument by merely attacking the credibility of the arguer. Flaming will not be tolerated. "You are wrong" is not a personal attack; "You wrong because you are an idiot", probably. Name- calling in the absence of content will likely be assessed as a violation of this rule.
Thanks!
- Ryan

"Confess your Swims!"

hellbender

Post by hellbender » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:39 pm

I'm not calling out people to hurt them,I just want to give an opinion on thier comments.I am sorry if I hurt anyones feelings.That is not my intentions.If you feel I have done something wrong please let me know and I'll be happy to fix it.

Roger

Post by Roger » Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:53 pm

Didn't hurt my feelings. Been called a lot worse by a lot better. Just get it right when you do it the first time.

Seems too many people don't have a real understanding of the matter that want to fan the flames.

The fact that some think that the ACC (for all its good and bad) decided, approved, condoned, etc. this action is BS.

Drop that part and take your bishing in person to those you hold responsible in private.

I'm done with this topic.
I am I plus my surroundings and if I do not preserve the latter, I do not preserve myself. Jose Ortega Y Gasset

The earth is like a spaceship that didn't come with an operating manual.
Buckminster Fuller

Fish

Post by Fish » Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:20 pm

SteveGabbard wrote:I like snowcones!
Hey, that's just a smartask comment! A tasty, tasty smartask comment...

- FIsh :drool:

Social Media