Rendezvous 2011 September 16, 17, 18 Camp Couchdale

Open Discussion
Jeremy M

Rendezvous 2011 September 16, 17, 18 Camp Couchdale

Post by Jeremy M » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:59 am

Welcome to the thread that is all about this year's Rendezvous. Here you will find all the news that is fit to print and probably some that isn't.

First off, the dates and location for Rendezvous this year. September 16,17,and 18 at Camp Couchdale. (I'm sure someone will post GPS coordinates and directions at some point) We will also have access to the Porterfields side of Rockport for play time, running river shuttles, and river access.

In the past Rendezvous was an enormous event for the club, but over the past few years attendance has dropped off. This year, Marcell Jones and I hope to remedy that by "fixing" or "tweaking" some of the issues that we feel have hindered people from showing up.

Main Issue: "Its so expensive to show up." Okay, we hear ya. FREE RENDEZVOUS!!! :clap: That's right, you heard it. This year at the gate, there will not be a registration fees for American Canoe Association members. When you show up at the gate, you will need your ACA member number and boom, you're in the gate for free!! If you're not an ACA member or forget your number, it will only cost the $5.00 event membership fee. What's better than that? If you answered nothing...you're correct. :clap: This is an ACA sanctioned event and so the $5.00 goes to make sure we're covered on the insurance.

Also, I can remember at Rendezvous's Past where member's would bring used gear to sell, etc.. Let's do that again. We're going to have a vendor's area set up, where sponsors of Rendezvous can set up and sell. So bring your used gear, bring your Silent Auction Items, just bring YOURSELF.

As always, we'll be doing the silent auction, but this year its a CHAPTER CONTEST. That's right, the chapter who donates or procures the greatest Dollar Amount received, will win $250.00 for your chapter. You can use it to throw a party, do a river clean-up, or any other project your chapter chooses.

As plans and promotion of Rendezvous continue, you will notice that Marcell and I are trying to include all of the chapters in some way or another and as usual all volunteers are most welcome. We're hoping that you feel like this is your club's big party/event/membership drive of the year and make plans to attend. I can assure you that you won't be disappointed.

If you have any questions, want to volunteer, or have an idea, please feel free to post it here. Again, this is YOUR event and I want every ACC member to feel that they are a part of this year's RENDEZVOUS!!
"For the last word in procrastination, go travel a river reluctant to lose his freedom to the sea."
-Aldo Leopold

maggiepowell
Name: Maggie

Re: Rendezvous 2011 September 16, 17, 18 Camp Couchdale

Post by maggiepowell » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:27 am

Thanks for the post!

fryingsquirrel
Name: Jon Ellwood

Post by fryingsquirrel » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:13 pm

Yes, but will the Ramp of Death be in attendance this year?
"Life is a question asked by nature and answered by death. You are a different kind of question with a different kind of answer." -Helios

kayakmamma
Name: Lorraine McPhee

Post by kayakmamma » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:22 pm

It sounds great!
We can't wait to come to Rendezvous :D
Lorraine McPhee

"Catch every eddy, Surf every wave"

Dave Thomas
Name: Dave Thomas

Post by Dave Thomas » Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:49 pm

It's shaping up to be an awesome Rendezvous. I sure appreciate all the time Jeremy and Marcell are volunteering to make it so. Viva la RENDEZVOUS!
Paddle on,
Dave Thomas
dthomas@mohawkcanoes.com

Jeremy M

Post by Jeremy M » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:19 am

Alrighty...

For those folks who use FB and also the message board. There is now a Facebook event page.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=1377204996432803" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Invite your friends and family to this great event!!!!
"For the last word in procrastination, go travel a river reluctant to lose his freedom to the sea."
-Aldo Leopold

Dave Thomas
Name: Dave Thomas

Post by Dave Thomas » Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:14 pm

I'm really liking the tshirt design you guys came up with and how it encompasses all the paddlesport disciplines. Kudos!
Attachments
rendezvous tshirt.jpg
Paddle on,
Dave Thomas
dthomas@mohawkcanoes.com

Van
Name: Van

Post by Van » Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:00 pm

Dave, Lea will volunteer for the registration table for Rendezvous. Just let her know what you need her to do.

Jeremy M

Post by Jeremy M » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:31 pm

That's great about Lea volunteering for the silent auction! Way to Go!

Its volunteers that make these types of events happen and also keep the club running. For example: Check out what Dave Robertson and his creative team came up with. These are going out to your Chapter Presidents for you to hang up in your favorite stores, bars, restaurants, etc... To help promote Rendezvous!
ACCR092011.jpg
-Aldo Leopold

tomOzarkVideo
Name: Tom McFetridge

Post by tomOzarkVideo » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:24 pm

:( Look like I'll be in Minneapolis.. :cry:
"My favorite rapid was Boogie Water" - kru

Jeremy M

Post by Jeremy M » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:20 am

I just received a PM asking whether or not this was a flatwater/recreationally friendly event. I apologize for not being more clear on this. Rendezvous is most definitely an "everyone" type of event. I would venture to say probably one of the few the ACC will put on that doesn't have a slant one way or another, ie whitewater school/rec school.

If you canoe, raft, SUP, kayak fish, touring kayak, C1, playboat, creek-boat, etc..this event is for you! Heck! Even if you don't really paddle and just love the outdoors and fellowship with great like-minded people. This event is for you.

Bottom line. If you've not been to the Rendezvous. Come on out. You won't be sorry. And, if you haven't been to one in a while for whatever reason. Come on out. You'll be pleasantly surprised with how much fun you'll have.
-Aldo Leopold

vtsquid
Name: Bryan

Post by vtsquid » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:35 pm

Carrie and I are going to do a trip on the lake like we did last year on Saturday. Last years trip was a blast, I say it was around 12 to 15 people, yacks and canoes.

It is a very kid friendly trip, Last year I worked with Dave Thomas and we had canoes for anyone who wanted to go who did not have a boat, or wanted to test a boat. Our boat had enough water for everyone (cold water) Maybe this year we will have snacks too.

Carrie and I are Flat water people, slow and easy.

We also did the float trip on the river last year and that was a blast too, Rick headed that one up, and Dave had canoes again for anyone who wanted to go... Thats in the works again.

I would also like to note that going to watch the people Surfing on the Ledge was VERY entertaining, and we plan to do that again this year after the float trip.

All in all Rendezvous for Carrie and I is worth every second! There are alot of great people to meet and hang out with, there are alot of non paddling events that are very entertaining and fun and the pot luck makes it even better!, and being able to hop in your boat when ever you want, go paddle by your self or with a group of people... What a better way to spend a weekend? :clap:

Jeremy M

Post by Jeremy M » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:17 pm

For those Facebook users out there...Here is the Rendezvous event page. Promote this on your pages to help promote the event!

Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=137720499643280" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Aldo Leopold

Jeremy M

Post by Jeremy M » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:31 pm

Rendezvous event page has been updated. Big thanks to Ryan! Check it out and share it with friends...

http://www.arkansascanoeclub.com/Defaul ... entDetails" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-Aldo Leopold

Jeremy M

Post by Jeremy M » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:22 pm

New information for the lodging!!!

We've got one cabin that will be opened up for Rendezvous. And at a new pricing!!

Here's the deal...its going to be 10.00 per person, per night. With a maximum of $30.00 per night. So, if you're a family of 4 you'll only pay $40.00 for an air conditioned cabin and if you're just one person, you'll only pay $10.00 per night.

It will be first come and first serve at the gate!!!
-Aldo Leopold

Social Media