tell me more about Cadron. Please

Open Discussion

Frankycottonrow

tell me more about Cadron. Please

Post by Frankycottonrow » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:20 pm

me and buddy hit up the cadron about a month ago, we put in at the mill iron bridge and went to 65. I loved it, esp the last 6 miles or so. Planning on going late tommorow and/or sat. How is the run from 65 to 285 campared to CCO to 65 run? and we only put in at the bridge b/c we couldn't find another put-in, is there an alternative around the pinnacle bridge besides CCO if they are not open when we float? Thank you!
Drinkin & Dreamin

RomanLA
Name: Roman Ryder

Re: tell me more about Cadron. Please

Post by RomanLA » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:06 pm

The level is currently high (over 7ft), so it definitely won't be a float trip. You may want to consider postponing your trip.
http://www.ozarkpages.com/cgi-bin/stages.pl?ST=level" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

joeanddestiny
Name: Joe and Destiny

Post by joeanddestiny » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:37 pm

By Saturday the level should be good on cadron. 3.0 to 5.0ft is optimal window in my opinion. The pick up and paddle is this Saturday and there will be several people running it after.

Frankycottonrow

Post by Frankycottonrow » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Yeah should be prime saturday, just wondering about alternate put-ins and what the river is like from 65 to 285 or up from the mill iron bridge
Drinkin & Dreamin

Clif

Post by Clif » Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:55 am

Pinnacle to 65 is the most "active" cuz of the hill squeeze thru there. Other sections have more and longer pools. 65 down is good.. kinda long. Above Iron, hartwick, mill, graffiti whatever you call it bridge is pretty tame. Have heard bad things about leaving cars there. Nice float but pools and shoals. Above 124 has some good areas but some of these are long sections..unless you find a put in, and smaller river more prone to trees blocking it.

Some folks put in at Pinnacle springs bridge. Find a local and make friends. Many don't mind letting access, they have just been dumped on and taken advantage of too much to just open their gates to all.
You sure this is on the right channel?

Chester

Post by Chester » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:56 am

You can see plenty of pictures along the Cadron down to 285 on my website. Hwy 65 to 285 is about 10 miles, with longer pools, and I prefer it at about 3' minimum. Two notable rapids are the Rock of Gibraltor, where the current wants to push you into it; and a bluff wall, where the river turns left toward it and then right. Good boat control will get you thru both rapids. At Inscription Rock, looking at the strata lines on the right, gives you the illusion you're floating at an upward angle. If you want to PM me, I can send you a map showing many of the rapids down to Hwy 65. At these levels, I could be up for a Hwy 65 down trip Sat if some preferred that after the clean up.

Social Media