Vilonia: Want to Help But Not Hinder

Open Discussion

Deuce
ACC President
Name: Luke Coop

Vilonia: Want to Help But Not Hinder

Post by Deuce » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:08 pm

I'd love to help out the people in Vilonia any way I can; saw crew, cleanup, feed folks, whatever they need. However, I don't know how or if to proceed. FD was quoted as asking for "anyone with a chainsaw", while DEM asked for potential volunteers to stand down and wait for assessments, etc. which sounds more prudent of course. Anyone have unique knowledge of immediate needs and how I can minister to them?
You come too.
Robert Frost

Clif

Re: Vilonia: Want to Help But Not Hinder

Post by Clif » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:26 pm

same here... loaded up tractor and saws then heard from some folks I know down there saying not yet.. too many lines down and still looking for missing folks???
You sure this is on the right channel?

David Mac

Post by David Mac » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:06 pm

An abundance of volunteers decended on Vilonia today and claered all the streets so emergency crews could get in and out and also to do wellness checks and other emergency things. There is still work to do if you have friends or family with trees in the yard, but the emergeny work is pretty much over or well in hand by the local authorities.

Also, the area is (or is going to be) closed after dark and patroled to prevent looting at the houses that were too damaged to be habitable tonight so unless you are part of an official response group, the best bet is to hunker down and see who needs help tomorrow.

David Mc
Rule #1: Never throw $#!^ at an armed man.
Rule #2: Never stand next to someone throwing $#!^ at an armed man.

reedo
Name: Reed Gibbons

Post by reedo » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:47 pm

Posted by a friend of mine on facebook:

Please take water, non-perishable food (nothing that requires a can opener), clothes, shoes, $, generators, Walmart/Target gift cards to THE SUMMIT CHURCH (across from Wild River Country) today. Items need to be taken thru the front lobby and into rm 117. The items will be distributed this afternoon before the next round of storms and another load will be taken tomorrow.

Social Media