shuttle for the buffalo

Open Discussion

G George
Name: george

shuttle for the buffalo

Post by G George » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:56 am

does anybody know the cost to get a shuttle from the white river back to ponca??
been waiting on my buddies all winter to do a good long paddle, and am tired of waiting.
Any contact info would be greatly appreciated, as i dont know who to call about this shuttle, and want the whole river in 1 trip.
Thanks, George

Owl

Re: shuttle for the buffalo

Post by Owl » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:25 pm

A few weeks ago we used Buffalo River Canoes - 870-446-2644 (just north of Jasper) for a shuttle from Pruitt to Buffalo Point. It cost around $160 which I thought was very reasonable considering the distance and time involved. Since your trip would cover twice that distance I'd say you'd roughly be looking at double our cost.

If they can't or don't want to do a shuttle as long as yours they can probably recommend someone who can,

Richard

Post by Richard » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:07 am

Depending on when you are going you may be able to work a self shuttle out with other paddlers
We are all afflicted with Cognitive Dissonance. The greater our religious, social, financial or political affiliation, the greater the affliction. We hear what we want to hear. We believe what we want to believe. Truth becomes irrelevant.

G George
Name: george

Post by G George » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:57 pm

Thanks, i'll give them a call. G

Social Media