Cossatot Maiden Voyage (Sat May 15, water permitting)

Open Discussion

Walter Felton
ACC Member at Large

Cossatot Maiden Voyage (Sat May 15, water permitting)

Post by Walter Felton » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:03 pm

Cossatot Maiden Voyage

Assuming there is water on the Cossatot on Saturday May 15 2010 the Cossatot maiden voyage tradition will continue. This will be the third weekend after canoe school. As time draws nearer I will post updates on the message board but here are the basics. If you would like to try you newly learned skills from canoe school on the Cossatot, with some addition support, read on. Please contact Walter Felton by e-mail (wfelton@ipa.net) or by phone 870-863-5704 (W) or 870-862-0934 (H) before 9 PM, to get your name on the list and get details about meeting times and places. I will need to hear from people that are interested so that we have enough support boaters for the trip and to ensure that you have the skills and equipment necessary for the trip. I will send individual questionnaires to participants to assess skills and equipment and will reserve the right to ask an individual to not participate if in my opinion they are not prepared. Also everyone will be required to sign an ACA waiver which I will send in advance to ensure that each person has “time to consider the risk” before signing the waiver. There will be a $5 fee for non American Canoe Association members to cover the cost of insurance. You will need your ACA number to avoid this charge. If you are a Cossatot veteran and would like to help support this trip (as many of you have done in the past) please contact me as well to get the details on meeting times and places. I will not respond to questions about the trip on the board. Please contact me directly by e-mail of phone.

EAT WATER

paddlinggoddess
Name: Sabria Mellor

Re: Cossatot Maiden Voyage (Sat May 15, water permitting)

Post by paddlinggoddess » Fri May 07, 2010 5:42 pm

Walter You know I will be there! Hope there is water like last year just no storms. Anything you need from me let me know.
Sabrina :clap:

Renee H

Post by Renee H » Tue May 11, 2010 8:59 am

Looks good for the trip:
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/lzk/?n=lzkbrief.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lobbylady
Name: Jacqueline L

Post by lobbylady » Thu May 13, 2010 8:58 pm

Walter,
Will you send me an article about the Cossatot Maiden Voyage adventure for the newsletter. I am in need of content and I am sure that people would be interested in the day's events. My goal is to have all information compiled by Tuesday AM.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
Jacqueline
p.s. Feel free to delegate this request if you need to. :D
Jacqueline
"Here's to your health, to every moment, every week, and month that you wake up to the priviledge of another breath- another chance to get it right."
-Author unknown

Graham Osborn
Name: Graham Osborn

Post by Graham Osborn » Fri May 14, 2010 9:47 am

What is the cut off point for the trip? 3 ft or so? Also, I would be a first timer for the 'tot.
Shomer Shabbos!!!!

Social Media