Anyone ever paddle the Moose?

Open Discussion

mgood

Anyone ever paddle the Moose?

Post by mgood » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:35 pm

Has anyone on the board ever been lucky enough to hit up the Moose in NY state? I've been reading up on it, and it sounds like a sick nasty run (plus a super long drive).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5G614PS ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ScottH

Re: Anyone ever paddle the Moose?

Post by ScottH » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:15 pm

several years ago Lance, Bryan and myself made a serious roadtrip and ran a couple of runs in NY, including the upper part of the Moose. The powerhouse that is mid way down was sucking most of the water out of the river so we did not get to run the lower drops. It was a cool run though.

We camped at the rivers edge and arrived well after dark in typical Lance-capade fashion. We woke up around 8am to find that these locals we were going to boat with, had already run shuttle. We geared up and put on. 50 yards from camp we got out to scout the first drop. Fowlersville Falls. A huge slide. What a wake up.

What we ran was really good. There are several other dam release runs in the fall that can be strung together to make the trip worth wild.

bryanpin

Post by bryanpin » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:47 am

DAAAAA MOOOOOOSE!!!

Good stuff. only bad thing about a big steep slide for breakfast is your buddies are too damn sleepy to work the video camera and miss your super awesome line!
:twisted:

moose really isn't nasty, except for maybe the big one at the very bottom (which was too dry for us) but the top drops of the bottom moose are just good quality boating.

if your up that way, do not miss the Raquette! colton falls, the tub, horeshoe falls, the mushroom, all good stuff!!
Bryan

ScottH

Post by ScottH » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:51 am

Bryan you disappoint me.

I can’t believe you passed up an opportunity to recommend that this young man check out some Beaver.

Social Media