OMG I AM IN LOVE WITH DIERKS!!

Open Discussion

goldenbrownchica

OMG I AM IN LOVE WITH DIERKS!!

Post by goldenbrownchica » Sun May 31, 2009 7:52 pm

Wow.. the absolute best weekend at Dierks.. EVER!!

so against my better judgment, I decided to make an impromptu trip to Dierks.. even though last time I was there the water was incredibly stinky and the stench wouldn't come out of my hair for like a month.. yes.. I washed it!! so loving that I didn't have to wake up at the crack of dawn to make it to AR.. I rolled out of DFW at 830.. got to Dierks at 1ish.. no hurry.. got there and forced myself to read my textbook.. school.. ugh.. then decided to go for a jog.. came up on a baby armadillo.. they are deaf and blind.. he didn't know I was there.. decided not to risk leprosy.. so I didn't pick him up.. said hello to fellow campers.. what?? no.. I wasn't procrastinating getting into the scary looking 3rd hole.. :roll: .. wow.. I got there before some of the locals.. so while I was being a looky Lou.. I spotted some Tejanos.. JOY!! Lorraine, Clyde, Steve and Susan.. sweet!! finally decided to get in the water.. wow.. big waves at this level.. go far right at the 3rd drop.. I wasn't trying to surf.. just looking.. and there are tons of people.. apparently the rodeo is on..
:clap: :clap:
Jack-- King of the 3rd Hole.. he can throw down
Shelby-- the King's Queen
James-- Prince of the 3rd Hole.. spinning spinning spinning
Adam-- rowdy safety Cajun
Harlan-- beer drinking Cajun
Emeri-- THE PRINCESS!!!!
Jenny-- the Princess' Lady in Waiting
Bryan-- quiet Cajun
Vernon-- Lord of the 3rd Hole.. mad skills Cajun
Brandon-- the heir of the Lord
Jennifer-- Lady of the Lord
Brad-- court jester
Sam -- court jester
Joe-- blind Cajun court jester (can u find my contact? in my eyeball)
Monica-- Beer drinking Babe and videographer
Renee-- First Woman to play in the 3rd Hole-- sweet
Lucas-- southern drawl dude
Jeremy-- all geared up and ready to go
Josh-- EMT Knight
Tracy-- a Lady
Mark-- EMT/Nurse Knight
me-- goldenbrownchica of the 3rd Hole
oh wait.. more Texans.. Rick and Ellie-- New Texans

The 3rd Drop is frickin AMAZING!! Buckin Broncos got nothing on this hole!! There were plenty of swims to go around.. lots of safety-- throw ropes, safety vests, rescues, self-rescues.. the list goes on and on.. and the best part is NO JUDGMENT!!.. no one got made fun of when they swam.. everyone cheered when someone rolled up on their own.. or was involuntarily rolled up by the hole--- EVEN MORE CHEERS!! It was the most fun I have had in a very long time!! lots of video footage.. coming soon, I promise..

dinner at Kenya's.. as in Africa?? someone asked.. yes, as in Africa.. oh wait, let me mention there was a high maintenance salad.. SOUNDS YUMMY!! whatever... we even had locals chiming in on the definition of a high maintenance salad.. he was a smart local though.. he wouldn't participate in the bashing of said person who was eating the "high maintenance" salad..

Sunday.. ROUND 2-- Rodeo is back on!!
more safety arrived--- Billy is here!! The carnage can commence!
OMG-- even more fun the second time around.. swims were had by many.. what happens at Dierks stays at Dierks..
hand paddles-- brave souls..
bare hands.. stupid souls.. I got talked into trying that on Saturday.. SWIMMER!!
I got to rescue friends and be rescued.. the intense joy felt by all was amazing.. its like I was on crack.. I couldn't get enough!!

I'm coming back for more.. wait until you see the video... I will be showcasing some video vixens!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
I'm livin' my life like its golden

Renee H

Re: OMG I AM IN LOVE WITH DIERKS!!

Post by Renee H » Sun May 31, 2009 9:49 pm

Amen Sista! I must say Dierks was more fun than last weekend. Higher water level, SUNSHINE, fun crowd (no one can have a bad time when the Louisiana cut up crew is there :crazy: ) I'm guessing in the course of the weekend, we had about 26 boaters from AR, TX and LA! SWR practice was good and I'm excited I got to use my new rescue vest and tow strap! Astral Greenjacket is the bomb! Highlight is we got Monica to buck up and get in the hole. As Scott said many posts ago, a lot can be learned in that type of hole especially in a controlled environment. All of us got worked at one point or another - some swam and some didn't. For those of us on the bank with ropes or being safety boaters, we got a lot or rescue practice. Some of us eventually figured out where gear washes and got amazingly talented with self rescues :mrgreen: Fun times indeed - hopefully we can do it again next weekend! And Kenya's didn't know what hit 'em when this crowd walked in.

One tip - don't wear any extra jewelry, watch, etc. The hole will claim it! At the point I got really worked and the paddle was yanked out of my hand, the tremendous force of the hole ripped my entire watch off my wrist. It also ripped off the face of Harlan's watch. It tried to get my hand paddle, but I didn't leave the hole without a fight and I won :wink:

I hope the Army COE keeps the level like this through next weekend! Hope to see everyone there again. BRING BUG SPRAY!

paddlinggoddess
Name: Sabria Mellor

Post by paddlinggoddess » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:21 am

Yeah ! :D I am glad you guys had a good time, really. 8) I can't wait to go back to Dierks, hopefully It will stay big like Renee said. Can't wait to see some footage. Hats off to all those who push their limits and play hard glad to see so many people had fun on the water this weekend. :clap: :clap: Hope to see everyone next weekend.
Sabrina

bmartin
Name: Brad

Post by bmartin » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:42 am

It was a Blast!!! I went Saturday and glad to hear the good times were still rolling Sunday and Monica got coaxed into the mêlée. You can tell you are having a good time when you ask for a time check, from someone that didn't loose their watch, and it is 2 or 3 hours later than you thought. Time sure flies when you are having fun!

I must say Jack, James, and Vernon just about have the 3rd hole beast tamed. James has really developed some game since I last paddled with him. Vernon was paddling that thing like he was on a stair master, on that hole every 5 minutes. I think everyone’s heart rate was getting a little lower each time they slipped in as skills were getting better and skirts were coming off slower.

For future reference, what was the level Saturday?

Big Daddy D

Post by Big Daddy D » Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:56 pm

GBC,

Where were you the week before? Only two-thirds of CWD was there. (Is it Chicks Without Dierks now?) You also missed all the compelling discussion about Twilight in the pavillion. Hey, paddlinggoddess. I might be back up there Saturday. I'll ask Bug if I can bring the Shooting Star for you to play in again. I also posted up some pics of Jason throwing some nice blunts on my facebook page. Go check 'em out. Glad CWD enjoyed themselves. :wink:

BDD
Attachments
Jason sets up to blunt.jpg
Jason sets up to blunt.jpg (66.92 KiB) Viewed 1899 times

paddlinggoddess
Name: Sabria Mellor

Post by paddlinggoddess » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:28 pm

Thanks Big Daddy! Jason will love the pictures and tell bug I love her boat. We are planning on being there this weekend and would love to paddle the shooting star again. :twisted: I will check out the other pictures you posted. Glad you had a good time :D . I love it when everyone has fun. :D Sorry about my hollering last time :( I just get excited when I do things and mean to do them and they work out. Your family is great and will help out anytime you need some help. I also have some footage of you will try to post it on U-tube asap. Working on several viedos right now so as soon as I can I will get it to you. Thanks again
Sabrina

Big Daddy D

Post by Big Daddy D » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:07 pm

The young 'uns enjoy Dierks
Attachments
IMG_0434.jpg
IMG_0434.jpg (141.92 KiB) Viewed 1783 times

Big Daddy D

Post by Big Daddy D » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:08 pm

Water Bug
Attachments
IMG_0440.jpg
IMG_0440.jpg (129.05 KiB) Viewed 1779 times

JGoodwin
Name: Joe Goodwin

Post by JGoodwin » Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:12 pm

Great time this weekend even though I got there late Sat. That wave is sweet at that level. Lots of carnage from everyone but some great rides also. Hope that level holds through next weekend.
Have to admit that Jack, James, and Vernon were the kings of the wave that I saw. Good chance for everyone to feel a powerful hole without consequences. Nice meeting new folks and spending quality H2O time with everyone else.

jackatspa
Name: Jack

Post by jackatspa » Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:34 pm

Great Video joe nice loops and air wheels. you just keep pulling the tricks out the bag!

Check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfaEXPAgPmo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.youtube.com/user/jackatspa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mgood

Post by mgood » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:12 pm

Wow. My dad can throw down. I never thought I'd see that.

us75n
Name: James

Post by us75n » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:00 am

a few pics... :beer:
Attachments
Dierks Harlin.jpg
Go HARLIN...
Dierks Harlin.jpg (641.35 KiB) Viewed 1288 times
Dierks group 1.jpg
good times...
Dierks group 1.jpg (1.54 MiB) Viewed 1287 times
Dierks pan.jpg
Dierks pan.jpg (153.64 KiB) Viewed 1287 times
James

The best water isn't always drinkable...

us75n
Name: James

Post by us75n » Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:03 am

I am posting vids on youtube so go there and search for "us75n" and choose yours as they are placed up...
James

The best water isn't always drinkable...

Social Media