Last Call!!!!!

Open Discussion

KAYAKN

Last Call!!!!!

Post by KAYAKN » Tue May 19, 2009 7:32 am

We headed out east this Friday and wont be headed back until Tuesday. All our rides are full now so anyone else wants to come grab some buds and come on. For some of you folks worried about funds i'll throw this out for ya. Last year when we went fuel was almost 5.00 gallon. We had 5 folks in one truck and the fuel, camp site were all split up. I think each person had to come up with 82.00 each. Thats not to bad. This year fuel is around 2.00, and we have 6 folks in one truck, its going to be a very good trip. We will have more :beer: So you boaters grab your buds and come on.
Adam W.

bignick
Name: nick weaver

Re: Last Call!!!!!

Post by bignick » Tue May 19, 2009 12:33 pm

What rivers are ya'll planning on running. Me and my wife are gonna be out there from thursday to wednesday.

-nick

Ryan Viser

Post by Ryan Viser » Tue May 19, 2009 1:48 pm

Hey Big Nick,

We'll be stickin mostly around the Ocoee but the Tellico is definitely on the list of field trips! I'd also really like to run over to the Chattooga and run section IV, but that hasn't really been discussed yet.

Ryan

mgood

Post by mgood » Tue May 19, 2009 5:56 pm

Guys- when are you planning on getting out here on Friday? I ran the Tellico ledges yesterday, and there seemed to be a good amount of water. If you can come up early on Friday, and if the water holds, then i'll show you the lines down. It's only an hour drive and is well worth the trip. But as for the rest of the weekend, I hold no say in whether I can kayak or not. Sometimes work comes first. Especially if work means you're still going down river...

Ryan Viser

Post by Ryan Viser » Tue May 19, 2009 6:10 pm

I think we're leaving at 4 am Friday morning, which will probably put us there just before night time, so probably can't make it in time to paddle Friday. Unless I can talk those kooks into leaving around midnight on Thurs instead.

mgood

Post by mgood » Tue May 19, 2009 6:19 pm

I'm going to suggest leaving Thursday for several reasons.
1. You can split the trip between three or four people. One drives from the Port to Jackson, another from Jackson to Birmingham, and another from Birmingham to Chattanooga (or just finish and push the last hour to the Ocoee). Everyone else sleeps when it's not his/her turn. You drive one little three hour trip, sleep, and wake up here.
2. You'll have a great time paddling the Tellico- it's all roadside, so scouting/portaging is an option if someone wants to, it's a great run (and a seriously short shuttle). Laps upon laps are possible in a short period of time.

And most importantly...
3. I can paddle on Friday. And I promise to show you the lines. Sunday/Monday has a very slight possibility I can join, but Saturday, there is no chance.

It should rain Friday and Saturday with highs of 80 and 83. Perfect weather for paddling.

Ryan Viser

Post by Ryan Viser » Tue May 19, 2009 6:24 pm

Yeah, that's the way I normally do it, leave early in the evening the day before so that we get there in time to paddle. I know Corey has to work till around possibly midnight on Thursday though so I'm not sure. I'll push for it though.

mgood

Post by mgood » Wed May 20, 2009 5:28 pm

Any chance you convinced everyone to leave early? According to American Whitewater, the Tellico is still at a paddling level, and it's going to rain thursday night and a little friday.

hdh
Name: Harlan

Post by hdh » Wed May 20, 2009 6:10 pm

if these ladies don't straighten up ,I might leave tonight ! :)
Harlan Dickson Hughes.....If you fly with the buzzards at night, you got to soar with the eagles in the morning!!!!!!

KAYAKN

Post by KAYAKN » Wed May 20, 2009 7:55 pm

hdh wrote:if these ladies don't straighten up ,I might leave tonight ! :)
SURE!!!!!!!

Social Media