Saturday at the Cossatot

Open Discussion

Renee H

Saturday at the Cossatot

Post by Renee H » Sun May 17, 2009 4:49 pm

It was a fantastic day at the Tot and we had even planned on a second run after everyone had their fill of the Falls. Evidently, I did some unintentional trick at Eyeopener that got some cheers so I was anxious to go back up for another lap in the Falls. After the Machine, I got out to start my hike and decided (don't know what got into me) to take the high trail on the hike back up. I've seen others do it and thought it looked easy enough, but never tried cause you get really high up above the water line. Of course, I missed at step (that's not unusual for me) and took a long fall back down the rock and to the water. I couldn't really walk and it took an hour to get out of the Falls. Thanks to everyone (especially my hubby for piggy-backing me out) who helped me out--Diane, Sean, Richard, Josh, Jeremy, Heath, Sam, etc. Went to ER and nothing was broke - just strained muscles/tendons.

mgood

Re: Saturday at the Cossatot

Post by mgood » Sun May 17, 2009 5:37 pm

Renee- I'm another victim of the high fall of the hike up. It's a pretty rough landing on tht rock shelf at the bottom. When I fell, I instantly realized why my dad has preached wearing a helmet until back at the campgrounds. Glad to hear you're ok though...

Big Daddy D

Post by Big Daddy D » Sun May 17, 2009 7:24 pm

Ouch. Glad you weren't hurt any worse. I slipped at the falls on Thursday. We went over to check them out before we ran Baker. As I climbed down, I hit a slick spot and "wham", I was on my back before I knew it. Luckily my left butt cheek took the brunt of the fall and not my tail bone (which I probably would have broken). Three Aleve and I was good to go for two laps on Baker. However, after the 4-hour drive home, I walked in and realized I had some significant swelling. Basically, I had a third buttock. After more Aleve and several bags of ice, I was back down to two buttocks the next morning. :) A day later, my neck muscles were sore and I realize I must have got a little whiplash as well. Amazing how slick and hard a rock can be.

KAYAKN

Post by KAYAKN » Sun May 17, 2009 9:12 pm

Renee
Glad nothing got broke. Everyone at the falls was worried about ya. You've got a ton of awesome friends, if ya need anything from us down here give us a shout.
Adam

Mike Reynolds

Post by Mike Reynolds » Sun May 17, 2009 9:43 pm

Renee,

When we got to the take out I had heard that you had broke your leg on the climb up. I thought it must have been right after we talked at the bottom of the machine. Thanks for helping me with my boat and I am SO glad your leg is not broke.

Miker

Lifejacket
Name: Adam Snodgrass

Post by Lifejacket » Mon May 18, 2009 7:57 am

Glad to hear you are okay me and Greg were concerned after Ronnie told us Sunday on the lower Little MO.
Yellow Extrasport now above a blue Liquid Logic Hoss

Jim Krueger

Post by Jim Krueger » Mon May 18, 2009 8:54 am

Renee,

I too am glad nothing was broken but I know it must have hurt plenty. I hope your leg will be less tender and sore in the next few days!
Man, about a month ago now, I foolishly found a new way to hurt myself. At the end of a Dragover float I was getting out of my kayak when it lurched over on it's side, spilling most of me out but my lower left leg was still pinned against the support bulkhead inside the kayak, the result was a baddly wrenched left knee. After a trip to the ER next day, two trips to the Orthopedist and an MRI, and several weeks to heal, I finally made it back out on the water yesterday.
You're still the nicest&best looking shuttle driver I've ever had! Wishing you the best!

Best Regards
Jim

J Cossey
Name: Josh Cossey

Post by J Cossey » Mon May 18, 2009 2:51 pm

Im sooooo glad nothing is broke...I was 50/50 on whether it was or not. And hey how bout that splint and crutch? and Scott carrying you out like that :clap: Lancaster :clap: and all the others, so many to name :clap:

paddlinggoddess
Name: Sabria Mellor

Post by paddlinggoddess » Mon May 18, 2009 4:23 pm

I missed it all but got updates from Renee. I had to go to my moms and then to see Kenny Chennsey so I missed the actual event. I was glad to hear how everyone pulled together to help get Renee out. Sorry I was not there to help. Renee you know if you need anything just call.

Sabrina and Jason

Social Media