LOST DOG - SOAFY - IN FAYETTEVILLE

Open Discussion
Fish

LOST DOG - SOAFY - IN FAYETTEVILLE

Post by Fish » Sat May 16, 2009 8:21 am

Soafy the famous river dog got spooked by fireworks and ran off into the night last night. Still looking for her today. She was lost near Harps and Sunrise Cafe at corner of Garland St. and North/Weddington St. in Fayetteville. Please keep an eye out for her - blue merl (black and grey) with white socks, 30 lbs, one brown eye and one blue, green plastic collar with tag with her name and phone number.

Thanks!

- Fish
479 - 263 . 1420
fish@ozarkpages.com

Cowper
Name: Cowper C

Re: LOST DOG - SOAFY - IN FAYETTEVILLE

Post by Cowper » Sat May 16, 2009 10:14 am

Keep us posted! Shameless bumping...
Trash: Get a little every time you go!

Karla
Name: Karla R.

Post by Karla » Sat May 16, 2009 10:38 am

I sure hope you find her, I love seeing your little dog, she is so sweet. Bet with your phone # and all someone will see it and call you.

Karla

Zach

Post by Zach » Sat May 16, 2009 12:23 pm

I emailed my parents who live near there and a few friends who play frisbee on Lewis fields a few blocks from there. Hopefully someone will spot her.

canoe

Post by canoe » Sat May 16, 2009 8:09 pm

good luck I know she will return I pray she does I know how much you love her........Pam

Fish

Post by Fish » Sun May 17, 2009 10:22 am

I want to say thanks to everyone who worked so hard yesterday to help find Soafy. Like Zach said today, you know you have some kind of fantastic dog when so many people scrap their Saturday plans to look for her when she's lost. Thanks so much to everyone who got the word out. And I really don't know how to start this last part, so I will just say it.

At 1:18 AM this morning the best dog ever gently took her last breath. She was found, mostly paralyzed, on the side of the road by a very kind stranger, who called me and helped me load her into my car. After X-rays there was no question what to do - she was in no pain yet, but it was only a matter of time until major parts of her stopped working. So I stayed with her until the end, when she left the world as gentle and wonderful as she has always lived in it. She was a better person than I will probably ever learn to be, despite her patient attempts to teach me. The best I can hope for is that people will one day say the same about me as I can say with passion about her. She had no enemies. She gave only love and knew only love in return. She made everyone she knew better. She had an inate understanding of where both sticks and people needed to be and she helped them get there. It's impossible to express how much I will miss her, but I also can't think about her without being happy. She truly lived so much life and got to do amazing things that few dogs ever do, all because she was the amazing dog she was.

Soafy is now chasing a ball that never stops rolling. Good dog. Good dog, Soafy.

A Savage spanke

Post by A Savage spanke » Sun May 17, 2009 10:48 am

Sorry fish
It could be worse, it could stop raining
call to paddle 479.518.0017

David Mac

Post by David Mac » Sun May 17, 2009 10:49 am

Can't post what I want to say about that. I'm pretty sure there is something in the guidlines about cussing.

We'll all miss her.

David M
Rule #1: Never throw $#!^ at an armed man.
Rule #2: Never stand next to someone throwing $#!^ at an armed man.

Mondo
Name: Mondo

Post by Mondo » Sun May 17, 2009 11:17 am

I'm so sorry, Fish.

When you've had time to be ready for your next companion, the shelters are full of beautiful little buddies who'd be grateful to have a dad like you.

Eric Esche
Name: Eric Esche

Post by Eric Esche » Sun May 17, 2009 11:47 am

Any one who had met Soafy was blessed by the time spent with her, and looked forward to seeing her again.

I think I shall remember her best when swimming along with us on the West Fork of the White while we were playing boatball. She was starting to tire, and I hoisted her up on the front and later back of my Skreem to take a rest, which was cool with her as long as she could see you and the action...........

And again at TEFKACS last year, SO full of life and enjoying all the people and commotion by racing everywhere, that you asked me to catch her and tie her up someplace safe. I found a spot in the shade and got her a bowl of water, where she could still watch. I think I petted her for 45 minutes, until others asked to take over. Bet 50+ folks and kids came by to see and sit with her when they heard she was tied. She found love and gave it too.

She, like you, made friends where ever she went. You both are in our thoughts.

Eric
Last edited by Eric Esche on Sun May 17, 2009 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dinan

Post by dinan » Sun May 17, 2009 12:17 pm

I going to miss soafy. I've never seen a dog with so much energy.

jim johnson

Post by jim johnson » Sun May 17, 2009 1:12 pm

Fish
I am really sorry. you were a good father...
jim

Godzilla

Post by Godzilla » Sun May 17, 2009 2:06 pm

Fish
Sad news. So sorry for your loss.
Jeff
Jeff

Clif

Post by Clif » Sun May 17, 2009 4:04 pm

Fish wrote:..... you know you have some kind of fantastic dog when so many people scrap their Saturday plans to look for her when she's lost. Thanks so much to everyone who got the word out. ....
So sorry, brother Bill. I wanna say that as much as she was a fantastic dog, mucho credit here goes to her provider as well. You being the person you are has to be incentive as well. One of "them" teams. Hate to hear this.
You sure this is on the right channel?

Renee H

Post by Renee H » Sun May 17, 2009 4:38 pm

Fish,

I am SO SORRY to hear about Soafy. At least she is in doggy heaven with all the other good pups. Time will heal.........

Social Media