Intervention

Open Discussion
Jeremy M

Re: Intervention

Post by Jeremy M » Thu May 14, 2009 4:38 pm

star-wars-darth-vader-sense.jpg
star-wars-darth-vader-sense.jpg (90.82 KiB) Viewed 1609 times
"For the last word in procrastination, go travel a river reluctant to lose his freedom to the sea."
-Aldo Leopold

Jeremy M

Post by Jeremy M » Thu May 14, 2009 4:39 pm

threadpollutionum8.jpg
threadpollutionum8.jpg (96.9 KiB) Viewed 1609 times
"For the last word in procrastination, go travel a river reluctant to lose his freedom to the sea."
-Aldo Leopold

Jeremy M

Post by Jeremy M » Thu May 14, 2009 4:40 pm

hanzosteel2.jpg
hanzosteel2.jpg (39.93 KiB) Viewed 1607 times
-Aldo Leopold

Jeremy M

Post by Jeremy M » Thu May 14, 2009 4:42 pm

85514058.JM8in0AI.endTHREAD.jpg
85514058.JM8in0AI.endTHREAD.jpg (60.45 KiB) Viewed 1598 times
-Aldo Leopold

Roger

Post by Roger » Thu May 14, 2009 5:29 pm

What Jeremy said. Thank you and good night.

1. thread killer 22 up, 4 down
One that posts the final response to a post on a newsgroup, composed of an initial post about a topic and all responses to it.
Johnny once again became the thread killer as no one had a response to his irrelevant, off topic comment, befoere it was archived
I am I plus my surroundings and if I do not preserve the latter, I do not preserve myself. Jose Ortega Y Gasset

The earth is like a spaceship that didn't come with an operating manual.
Buckminster Fuller

RandyJ
Name: Randy Jackson

Post by RandyJ » Thu May 14, 2009 6:22 pm

Question: would Moore's raft been recovered as quickly, if at all, if the word hadn't gone out on this message board?
Let there be rain!

travis

Post by travis » Thu May 14, 2009 7:45 pm

post-27-1066534370.jpg
post-27-1066534370.jpg (19.03 KiB) Viewed 1442 times

Hawk_GT

Post by Hawk_GT » Thu May 14, 2009 8:33 pm

RandyJjody wrote: Ding! That's the sound of hitting a nail on the head. Well said - thank you.
Tomcat wrote: Remind me to never hire your carpentry services. :crazy:

yeah, yeah...I know I shouldn't add to the thread, but that there was funny :lol:

Jody

Post by Jody » Thu May 14, 2009 8:48 pm

I got a chuckle out of that myself.

You really just can't take yourself very seriously....life is just too much fun and nothing really matters, ultimately.

:)

Ryan Viser

Post by Ryan Viser » Thu May 14, 2009 9:01 pm

Randy, you beat me to it. Maybe there were non-ACC members and ACC members when the raft was recovered, but let's not forget that it was the ACC MESSAGE BOARD, that made EVERYONE aware of the fact that the raft was stolen in the first place. I wonder how many people would have been aware if the Moore's had to personally call every paddler they could think of, or send e-mails, or resort to some other method of spreading the word. I wonder how many people would have knowm about this if there were no ACC message board.

To be honest, I think everyone is acting like a bunch of 3rd graders with this bickering over whether club members or non-club members had more to do w. the recovery. Not to be rude, but this IS an ACC message board, and the first timers trip WAS an ACC sanctioned event. If people hate the ACC so much, then don't come to the message board and don't come to the events. I personally don't like NASCAR, so because of that, I don't watch it. And I sure as heck don't go to a place where NASCAR fans congregate and talk about how much I hate it and how much it sucks. Good lord this is RETARDED!!!

In the end, we are all paddlers, and like so many have said, we have a great time out on the river together regardless of club affiliation. I know I could care less, I just like to paddle and meet new people. Now can we please stop this nonsense???

canoe

Post by canoe » Thu May 14, 2009 10:16 pm

O.K., I started this thread trying to get the real story on the Moore raft recovery(which I still haven't heard the whole thing), just finding out how the paddling community came together to do a good thing. I am not happy that this thread got hijacked inthe direction it has gone, but that is the way it goes. I'm sorry, that there has been so many negative vibes here, and there really shouldn't have been. I for one think that anyone who uses the Acc board, Uses the gauge pages, and the radar pages to plan their trips in Arkansas, owe a smidgen of thanks to the ACC members(and non) who have worked their A@@ off over the years to promote paddle sports in this area. Call me a chearleader if you want, but the truth is that many old and new timers in the club have been instrumental in opening up a lot of new and exciting paddling oppurtunities over the last 35 years, and is still ongoing. At this point, I woould formally ask the Adninistrators to remove this thread. If anyone wants to discuss this further, with me privately, you can pm me. DALE BARTON(canoe)

tomcat

Post by tomcat » Fri May 15, 2009 7:04 am

quote: "Not to be rude, but this IS an ACC message board, and the first timers trip WAS an ACC sanctioned event. If people hate the ACC so much, then don't come to the message board and don't come to the events."

perfect example of what I was trying to convey. So, since the ACC had an "event" at the Tot, I as a non-member was suppose to stay away from my plans to meet a dad and son from Dallas to paddle the Tot?

I also gave credit to this message board for the raft recovery....go back and look. But, does the ACC really think that if they didn't have this board that another board wouldn't have evolved? Last I remember, fish's OWP server list was serving this need prior to the evolvement of this board and would have accomplished the same thing.

So, I've been called rude...for pointing out how rude it was for the ACC to claim full credit for the raft recovery?

:crazy:

Allen Rittman
Name: Allen Rittman aka Raftdog

Post by Allen Rittman » Fri May 15, 2009 12:12 pm

Ok I can’t take it any longer, I have been sucked into the ugly vortex of this thread and I am an ACC member not so proud sometimes, but most of the time, and have met some really great people because of it. That are now really good friends. First Dale asked the question of what happened, a very reasonable question that I would like to know the answerer to myself! It sounds like a very interesting story! Second we should all be proud that some of our fellow paddlers were able to identify and help in the recovery of the Moore’s RAFT. For that is what we were all after! And to those who first spotted the raft great job. Finding it was the first step in the recovery of it! And I for one am very happy for the Moore’s that their raft was found and returned.

Now, it does not matter if they are club or non club members and here is why. When you are standing in front of Saint Peter he is not going to make note of you being an ACC member or not. That fact is that it was a man or in this case men and women helping another man and woman recover their stolen property. This is called loving your fellow man and this is a success for the individuals involved not some Club or Group or Faction, what ever you want to call it. It was humans helping humans. I bet the law enforcement officer could have cared less if you are an ACC member or not.

Life is way to short to be going at each other over something this silly. And there was a chance in the beginning of this tread for ACC members to explain what happened and they failed everyone by not doing so. All of this could have possible been avoided if someone had just stepped up and told the story. And I almost certain a judge would not allow this as evidence after reading this tread.

With that said as nicely as I know how. We are all paddlers who from time to time paddle with each other. And as much water as there is around here we should be having fun and swapping stories on the river and not arguing online and killing all these zeros and ones.

Everyone get out on the water this weekend and forget about this tread. Have fun enjoy the reason you have invested 2 or 3k In gear. Yeah it’s the water not a club not a PC not a fight with you river buddies.

And for those of you who know me, NO I have not found Jesus for he has not been LOST! I'm still the some old Allen.

Have a GREAT weekend!!!

These are the views and opinions ( and everyone is entitled to their wrong opinion ) of Raftdog INC and are not necessarily the views of the ACC and is not to be used unlawfully or broadcast without the express written consent of Raftdog INC.

prophet
Name: Grant Nally

Post by prophet » Fri May 15, 2009 12:49 pm

Monsoon Coming wrote::beer: for Prophet!
just catching up on this thread. best post in here

i think this sums it all up nicely (in a microcosm of a microcosm way)

prophet
Name: Grant Nally

Post by prophet » Fri May 15, 2009 12:57 pm

it just came to my attention that this issue can be solved with a best 2 out 3 contest with the Turner Bend/Byrd's stolen boats still up for heroics.

btw, if you support the ACC but your membership has expired, which team would one be on?

Social Media