What'll be running tomorrow & who wants to paddle it w. me??

Open Discussion
Ryan Viser

What'll be running tomorrow & who wants to paddle it w. me??

Post by Ryan Viser » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:28 am

I was hoping to get some folks from around here to come w. me but it doesn't sound like anyone can go this early in the week. So...I'd like to pack my boat up and head that way. Would want to paddle at least Class IV. Any thoughts? Any takers??

mgood

Re: What'll be running tomorrow & who wants to paddle it w. me??

Post by mgood » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:39 am

I'll be headed to the tot friday at 11:45- that's pretty firm. Where were you thinking of going?

Tmuse

Post by Tmuse » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:49 am

Ryan you better head for Richland for a moderate water level or go over to Tot for a good water level, I would go to Richland, because i like creeking. Tmuse :beer:

Ryan Viser

Post by Ryan Viser » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:52 am

Well I definitely want to paddle Richland. I would love to paddle something for the first time but it seems like once you start getting into steeper stuff like that you gotta hit it fast or it drains off. Only other things I see that I'd like to hit are Little Mulberry and Hailstone. I know the Hailstone won't be there tomorrow unless more rain hits. I don't know anything about the Little Mulberry but I would guess it won't be there tomorrow either. Some others are low but on the rise (Mill, Meadow, Salt Fork, Little Mill, Rock) that would probably be fun, but I doubt they're really on the rise this much after the rain, I think that's only because they go off the Mulberry Gauge. I could hit Richland tomorrow and then hit the Tot w. you guys on the way back through Friday.

Gordon Kumpuris
ACC Communications

Post by Gordon Kumpuris » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:14 pm

Ryan,

Call me. Let's discuss tomorrow. 5 0 1-9 4 4-0 4 8 0
Skoboten!

Tmuse

Post by Tmuse » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:39 pm

My first choice for Thurs. would be Richland creek then Hurricane creek [newton county] Then prob. go over to Piney for surf and play Unless it rained some more, possible Friday then I would look for some more creeking. Tmuse :clap:

Ryan Viser

Post by Ryan Viser » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:06 pm

Yeah, sounds like Richland is the ticket for tomorrow and maybe the Tot on my way home Friday. Of course, some more rain will definitely change the Friday options. :D

Ryan Viser

Post by Ryan Viser » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:04 pm

So, is anyone hitting Richland tomorrow? I haven't heard any definite answers yet and it would sure suck to drive 7 hours to sit on the bank waiting for someone to run it with.

Tmuse

Post by Tmuse » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:38 pm

Ryan you'll have to wait for the creekers to get home, then everyone will figure out what to run on thurs :crazy: .

canoe

Post by canoe » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:24 pm

Hey Ryan Dale is taking off all day tom and doing Richland not sure of the times you can pm tonite and he can confirm Pam

David Mac

Post by David Mac » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:33 pm

According to the Richland level predictor it should stay above 3.6 through tomorrow AM and above 3 feet all day. Smaller hydraulics and bigger rocks, but definately doable.

Not sure which direction I'm going yet. I love Richland, but I've been wanting to do Snow/IB for a while and it has a shorter shuttle.....

David
Rule #1: Never throw $#!^ at an armed man.
Rule #2: Never stand next to someone throwing $#!^ at an armed man.

Ryan Viser

Post by Ryan Viser » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:41 pm

Well, this is a tough call. I have gigs playing my horn tonight and tomorrow night and need the money, but really want to paddle. Isn't Richland about half an hour from Russellville? Google maps shows it to be only a 4.5 hour drive to Russellville from Shreveport, not the 6 or 7 hours that I thought. I could potentially get a little shuteye tonight, leave here about 4 am and make it up there by 9 am. Let me know what times people are gonna be there and I'll make a gametime decision when I get home tonight.

canoe

Post by canoe » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:21 pm

We are planning to run Richland tommorrow, Will leave Russellville about 0900. Richland is an hour north of here, so put-in probably 1030ish. Pam can run shuttle, so won't have to set that(unless it looks like there may be new trees down, Pam doesnt use a chainsaw well).. Dale

Jeremy M

Post by Jeremy M » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:33 pm

Richard L. and myself are probably going to head over to the Tot and try out the new Dynamic Duo. Should be interesting :hammer: gonna need someone to run video. Any takers on a beautiful tot day with chance of big CARNAGE? :beer: :chicken:
"For the last word in procrastination, go travel a river reluctant to lose his freedom to the sea."
-Aldo Leopold

Ryan Viser

Post by Ryan Viser » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:11 pm

Man, that's sounding like awfully tempting offer! I just don't think I'm down to make the drive all the way to Richland by myself after playing till 1 am or so. Gimme the details, I think I just might make it.

Social Media