Who is free for Friday?

Open Discussion
David Mac

Who is free for Friday?

Post by David Mac » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:25 pm

Looks like there is going to be quite a few choices still around for the weekend, but there are an awful lot of interesting looking creeks that I've never been near that may not hold that long.

I can get free tomorrow if there are others looking for some summertime water and sunshine. 80+ and mostly sunny.

I'm hoping for something new, but old favorites like Richland and Cossatot are always options (if they drop out enough/don't drop out too much)

David Mc
Rule #1: Never throw $#!^ at an armed man.
Rule #2: Never stand next to someone throwing $#!^ at an armed man.

jjones03
Name: JRod

Re: Who is free for Friday?

Post by jjones03 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:51 pm

what are you thinking about hitting?

erikwright

Post by erikwright » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:20 pm

Yes, I have all day Friday off and am looking to hit up whatever I can. I've done both the Upper Richland and the Tot but am still fairly new to Arkansas paddling so I don't know many of the other runs around. I am down for whatever is running though. Just let me know. 501-908-2088

Renee H

Post by Renee H » Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:47 pm

I'm leaving at noon, but probably going to the Tot cause I just camp and stay all weekend. I was thinking about trying to go to Richland, but then I'd have to turn around and drive south cause I don't know if Richland will be there through Saturday.

David Mac

Post by David Mac » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:28 pm

Will there be any side creeks around the tot still runnable? I'm really hoping to try something new...with a good guide to point out the hazards...

Kate can't get weekdays off very easily so I will probably go home Friday night to pick her up and head out again Saturday morning. She'll want to do SFLR, but I may be able to talk her into something else.
Rule #1: Never throw $#!^ at an armed man.
Rule #2: Never stand next to someone throwing $#!^ at an armed man.

Zach

Post by Zach » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:29 pm

I'd like to hit up Richland too, but I can't be there till probably 2:30.

I wouldn't be much of a guide, though I've been there before and can point out the hazards.

Cowper
Name: Cowper C

Post by Cowper » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:30 pm

OK, due to several folks having to work a few hours in the morning, some of us are headed to Richland on this schedule:

Leave Conway ~9:45 to 10:00
Meet in Atkins ~11:00
Be at Put in ~12:30
Launch could be either 1:00, OR, after 2:00 - depends on whether or not we find a shuttle driver.
Trash: Get a little every time you go!

Prairie Tater
Name: Terry Prater

Post by Prairie Tater » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:42 pm

Hey Cowper, I'm planning to drive down for an Upper run tomorrow (Friday). As of right now, I'm by myself, so I'll probably be looking to "horn in" with someone. I should be there by 11:00.

:?: For shuttle convenience sake, should I drive to the put-in or take-out? I have capacity for at least three other paddlers + gear. I can provide shuttle to put-in or I can just meet others there and hope for a ride back to the top after the run. I'll be in a light blue minivan with a purple Ocoee. Thanks.

Terry Prater
"Politicians and diapers need to be changed regularly, usually for the same reason." Mark Twain

Cowper

Post by Cowper » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:11 pm

Terry - I'm afraid to change the times at this point. If someone else is on your same schedule, then leave the biggest rig you have at the bottom, and we will meet you at the put-in at 12:30.

BUT - if nobody else signs in and agrees to meet you at the take-out, then wait for us at the put in.

erikwright

Post by erikwright » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:50 pm

Cowper, I'm in Conway too. Would you have room for me to carpool with you. If not I can just meet you and drive myself. Just let me know. I'm looking forward to another Richland run. It's been a while since we've had any good rain. 501-908-2088

cole m
Name: cole mullican

Post by cole m » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:02 pm

I have room if you want to go.
1-501-269-0160
open boater

CSH
ACC Member at Large
Name: Chris Handley

Post by CSH » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:53 pm

Anyone looking to paddle any class II+ runs, particularly in the Ouachitas, give me a call. I am coming up from East Texas and plan on paddling Saturday and hopefully Sunday. I will be happy to shuttle people on tougher runs if I can get someone to paddle something easier with me. Call me. 936.635.2387 Chris.
Chris Handley

Jessica

Post by Jessica » Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:13 pm

Hi guys -

Here is a link to the pictures I took on Friday's Richland trip.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/566705885wkFJyU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
cowper.jpg
Cowper managed to tangle his boat in a tree before we even put on...Maybe age is finally catching up? :)
cowper.jpg (96.86 KiB) Viewed 2345 times
"Wilderness. The word itself is music." - Edward Abbey

Cowper

Post by Cowper » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:34 pm

The only thing I'm still trying to figure out is this:

Did Eric help retrieve the boat because he was the new guy and didn't know any better than to be nice to me?

OR, Was that part of an even more insidious plan, hoping that maybe if I didn't actually handle the boat, I would be less likely to discover the large number of rocks that were hiding under the stern air bag???

:lol:

erikwright

Post by erikwright » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:39 pm

Ah, you are smarter than you seem Cowper. :) I thought maybe I had gotten away with you thinking I was just the "nice" new guy. haha.

Social Media