Eleven Point River

Open Discussion

LBostian
Name: Len Bostian

Eleven Point River

Post by LBostian » Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:35 pm

I am part of a 12 person group of let me call older paddlers with lots of experience. We do a trip every other year and we try to do at least 100 miles. We are interested in doing the Eleven Point next June. We plan to start in Missouri and continue as far as we can in Arkansas. I am having trouble finding any information on the river in Arkansas. We have done the Current and Buffalo and this looks very much like the same type of river. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Len

Apiercy
Name: William Allen Piercy

Re: Eleven Point River

Post by Apiercy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:19 pm

I have floated all of the Eleven Point River from Greer Springs north of Alton, Missouri down to Dalton, AR. North of Greer Springs is mostly floatable in Spring when levels are higher from rainfall. Greer Springs provides enough flow year round. The Missouri Section of the River flows through protected Forrest with little development along the River. Once you pass the Highway 142 Bridge, you float along cattle ranches and pass the occasional cow standing in the water along the bank. Once you enter Arkansas, you begin to pass more private houses and cabins. Still quite primitive.

I have not floated past Dalton but the River continues south and eventually enters Spring River. The combined rivers flows a very short distance to their confluence with the Black River. The Black River continues until it discharges into the lower White River.

There are a couple of outfitters on the Missouri Sections of the Eleven Point River. I do not know of any outfitters that service the area south of the Highway 142 Bridge in Missouri. It is a beautiful river. One of my favorites. Enjoy!

Social Media