MAD RIVER OUTRAGE X SOLO CANOE EX. COND.

Post paddling related items for sale here or items you are looking for.
Commercial Members feel free to post your sale items here as well.

Bullwinkle

MAD RIVER OUTRAGE X SOLO CANOE EX. COND.

Post by Bullwinkle » Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:04 pm

Hi all, Don't post much anymore but I sold my royalex Outrage X to a local gal up here in Iowa and she has now decided that she wants a Bell Dragonfly instead(either composite or plastic). SO, I'll post this boat here , but realize the boat is sitting in my back yard in NE Iowa!! The "X" is 13' long and "drier" than the normal Outrage and a great boat for anyone over 200#.

It's an orange 2002 model I bought from a high school gal in the Des Moines area and I did all the outfitting. That includes a 9"wide custom made mincell pedestal and the minicell trapezoidal knee block and thigh strap anchors. The boat has the full sized Voyageur ultra light yellow nylon bags in it and they both hold air nicely(I patched one hole within the last two years). She won't sell the boat with thigh straps for liability reasons so you will have to provide them yourself if you need them. The hull has no worn spots on it and has never needed grunch pads. There are the scratches you would expect with a 12 year old canoe, but it has seen very light usage over its entire lifetime. Last I saw a new one was like $1600 naked, so her firm selling price is $850.

If I can get down to the Missouri Races in mid March, I could bring it down then, or the new owner could drive up here. It's about a 13 hour drive from Little Rock regardless if you take the Fayetteville/ KC/Des Moines route, the Harrison Chillicothe/Des Moines Route, or the Poplar Bluff/STL/Cedar Rapids route. Taking the latter route might get you a float on the St. Francis on the way home if the weather and water levels cooperate. If you can't make the MWA races, perhaps someone from the ACC would have rack space to carry it down the last 5 hours that is going up there. I could deliver it to AR too, but that would get kinda costly......lol

I can post a photo or two of it on my FB page and then maybe Jeff G. or someone else could share it with the rest of the ACC crew. Thanks for looking....

DM&FS
I have a CD Burner.....it's my fireplace.
I haven't had to shovel snow once this winter, since I got my new flamethrower.

lchastai
Name: Lynne

Re: MAD RIVER OUTRAGE X SOLO CANOE EX. COND.

Post by lchastai » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:36 pm

Hi, I'm interested in your Outrage X. My name is Lynne; I live in Golden, CO. My cell is 303-565-9371, could you text me with details? Thanks - Lynne

Bullwinkle

Post by Bullwinkle » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:00 am

Lynne, I'll call you tomorrow. Monday will be the last good day here in IOwa to take photos of the boat. I have some buried in the hard drive, but finding them would be a real trip. If things work out, I could maybe meet with you in Omaha if that would get you out and back in a long day rather than having to get a motel deeper into Iowa. That would save you 8 hours of driving from Omaha to Cedar Falls and back.

Max

lchastai
Name: Lynne

Post by lchastai » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:26 pm

Hi Max,

I may have missed your call, since I didn't see this until today! I'm so sorry if I did. Can you try back sometime, or better yet, email me? I'm not good at listening to my voicemail - I will look through and see if I have missed yours. I'm much better at email. If you wish to email me, my email is lynnecarpenter@gmail.com.

I'm pretty much free to talk during the day, unless I am in a meeting. If you could text me first, I can get outside of my office where I can talk freely.

I travel quite a bit for work, so I may be able to work something out with you about getting it back to colorado. If it is as nice as you say, then that sounds pretty good. To bad about the thigh straps. I've never heard of people being concerned about liability, but if she is, that's fine. I can get some.

Thanks - Lynne

Bullwinkle

Post by Bullwinkle » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:50 pm

: I figured you hadn't fallen off the face of the earth, but work does get in the way of paddling every once in a while. Any further communication we can do via email and not waste ACC's bandwidth.

Thanks

Max

mobbq
Name: Chris Stgeorge

Post by mobbq » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:43 am

Is this boat still for sale?

Bullwinkle

Post by Bullwinkle » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:31 am

mobbq:

The person above from CO has had a real busy schedule with a son in wrestling at school right now and I haven't heard anything yet. Last I heard, we were working on plans to ship it, but no money has changed hands.

Long Story short, it's still for sale. As far as shipping goes, I feel comfortable is sending it via http://www.forwardair.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Should cost under $150(including my gas to Cedar Rapids to drop it off and properly wrap it in cardboard and shrinkwrap). I've used them before with very good results. Sent a Dagger Cascade C-1 from Iowa to W VA for under $100 a few years ago and it got there in 3 days. You can check their website for terminals in AR and surrounding states, but LR is likely the only one. If you'd like some photos, I can add those to a post on ACC's FB pages, or send me an email to dimwittedmoose@cfu.net. You may want it sooner than late March, but maybe Brian or some other ACC member could pick it up at the MWA races 3/21-22 and get it back to AR that way. I'd just need a tank of gas for that transport, but that's assuming I can make the trip in the first place.

DM&FS

Social Media